Pork Price On the Rise?

You can buy local grown meat,non adulterated.Just do a little research.You better put your suspenders on first though.You ain’t seen nothin yet as far as local,unenhansed,meat costs.Local,sustainable,organic meat is going to be WAY more $$ than champagne and caviar.I will pay the bill at the grocery store and move on.You can soak that injected meat from the grocery store in water and rinse a few times to rid it of the injection.Just a tip.

Juggy! Long time my friend…..

Pork here in Vegas ranges between 1.99 on sale to the everyday price of $3.69. Don’t get me started on ribs though.

Prices are insane around me here in Florida. I am glad I have a freezer full of meats right now that was purchased before prices went up.

I did pay over $5 a pound for some St. Louis ribs the other day though. Ouch.

Picked up 15- 6 oz brat patties for a buck a piece for the 4th at local Fareway but also saw a $88 choice brisket. None for me thanks.
Ed

Everything...and I mean everything has gone up.

Ridiculous! I won't go into the politics of why.

Only going to get worse from where we are now.

If droughts continue this year in midwest making feed more expensive, it'll be tough to get prices stablize, but we'll get there.

There are many additional factors beyond politics, but we're all so eager to blame someone for anything/everything on politics. It's why I'm glad we're largely politics free here

We're already seeing lumber prices drop from their epic high.

Looks like I need to stop by Walmart and plan for bargain bin deals. I just check out the sell by date and go back the day before or that day. Into the freezer brisket may go.

Prices are out of control. I was at Costco last night, Pork butts were at 3.59 per pound. St Louis ribs were over 5 dollars a pound and brisket was at 5.99 per pound. Just in time for 4th of july

i paid $50 for a prime brisket at costco for mother’s day. three weeks later that same brisket is $100

Just got Miejer ad preview. Butts 1.49, Ground Chuck 2.49 /Angus 2.99, Chuck Roast Angus 5.99, Spares 2.99...between .50 and $1 more a lb

Kroger had twin packs of butts for $.99lb last week. I passed because they had a bunch but went back the next day and they were all gone. I wont make that mistake again.

If droughts continue this year in midwest making feed more expensive, it'll be tough to get prices stablize, but we'll get there.

There are many additional factors beyond politics, but we're all so eager to blame someone for anything/everything on politics. It's why I'm glad we're largely politics free here

We're already seeing lumber prices drop from their epic high.

I was going to say the same thing about lumber. I think we are at the beginning of the peak. I am hoping fall time we see some downward movement.

Beef prices seem to be the most affected here in central Texas. Pork and Chicken depending on the cut is barely changed. For example whole spare ribs are still at $1.95/lb at the local HEBs, but St. Louis style spares have jumped up over a dollar/lb to $3.50ish/lb. Loin backs haven't really changed much here either, they were always overpriced lol. But if you want "natural" St. Louis spares, they are up to $4.50/lb and "Natural" loin backs are a whopping $6.59/lb! So some items have jacked up, and others have barely moved. Poultry is the same story, basic cuts haven't gone up near as much as specialty cuts like boneless skinless breasts, or so called "Natural" or air chilled birds. I am seeing the same insane prices at Costco as has already been reported here. Their price jump seems to be far more extreme than the Local HEBs.

I am doing a bbq at work on July 2, 15 slabs of baby back 15 slabs of st. louis cut both were 4.99 lb. at costco + 10lb bone in thigh and 10lb breast all in at $582 for the meat.

Pork spare ribs at Aldi yesterday were $1.89lb and had a sticker on them for $2/rack additional savings taken at the register. Food Lion had Boston butts on sale last week for $,99/lb.

Back