Poor man brisket and pork belly burnt ends

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Decided work from home today and clean out garage and do yard work. Cant really do that without firing up the offset

Put on 2 chuck roasts for pulled meat sammies and cubed up a pork belly for some candy burnt ends

Rolling 275-300 with oak and cherry wood. Chuckies at 160IT. Pork belly go on in few hours

c7c454bdf1ef8faf7f03e6f258a43c6f.jpg

c272fd5a6940c80b24bf4e960349063d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing "Poor Man" about Chuck Roasts either in actual costs or end results. Where I am they run about $2.00/ lb more than Brisket. Only difference is the final $$$ spent on a couple of decent sized Chuck Roasts won't be as much as a typical Packer Brisket.......you also don't have 5-6# of trimmings, at about $4/lb, to toss or render in to Tallow with Chuck Roasts either.

My Costco has been stocking really nice Chuck Roasts lately, so I think that is the next large cuts of Beef I'll smoke too.

Last edited:
Nothing "Poor Man" about Chuck Roasts either in actual costs or end results. Where I am they run about $2.00/ lb more than Brisket. Only difference is the final $$$ spent on a couple of decent sized Chuck Roasts won't be as much as a typical Packer Brisket.......you also don't have 5-6# of trimmings, at about $4/lb, to toss or render in to Tallow with Chuck Roasts either.

My Costco has been stocking really nice Chuck Roasts lately, so I think that is the next large cuts of Beef I'll smoke too.

Costco is where I got these. Well marbled. 7# total for around $30. Will have enough leftovers for the fam for tomorrow lunch and dinner. Better than $80 on brisket with small group people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very tasty looking. Contemplating doing chuck burnt ends next week but may reconsider now

Good food, family time AND ice cream..... you are living well brother! Very nice!

Back