Old Country Pecos versus Char-Griller Champ XD

Curator

Found some matches.
Name or Nickame
Curator
Thinking about purchasing either the Char-Griller Champ XD or an Old Country Pecos smoker and came across this comment on the reviews at the Academy website.

"I recommend that people compare this smoker to the grand champ by char griller. Every issue my pecos has, chargrille perfected it…"

In ya'lls opinion, is this a true statement?

Coincidentally, I was by Home Depot last night and looked at one outside, and while smoke leaking is not a big deal to me on an offset, they did line all of the lids with adhesive felt to prevent that, but they also lined the firebox lid and from previous experience, I can tell you that's not going to last long, (but it isn't needed) once that fire gets going. I like it, the design really caught my eye when I first saw it. Check out YouTube and see if anyone has done a comparison, since they are such similar smokers, I would bet someone has.

Boomer BBQ on YouTube has a bunch of grand champ videos. He is a big fan of the grand champ over the pecos. I had a pecos and really liked it but the grand champ seems to have more space. In that price range I think either one is a good buy.

Back