Offset 11 ga smoker at Costco, first time I've ever seen!

Jason , what changed your mind on the smoker.....and how many of those briskets did you grab? At my Costco those are $2.99/lb everyday.

Nothing to do about quality. But gotta do some toilet replacement. Was a little smaller than I thought. And saw a pellet cooker that got me thinking about something I don't have in my arsenal. So might do dine pellet searching. Still got the SF for stick burning as needed :-D

Man the primes they had were all amazing. Got 3 big ones.

Here's some more pics I took of it. Seemed heavy duty enough for that price. After needing to do some toilet replacement figured I'd spend some time today taking care of that.........while I wait for the price to get cheaper :-D.

I wish it was a little larger, but would make a nice patio smoker. The sticks I have I'd have to cut down more, which isn't a huge problem. But currently I have a stick burner so waiting to see if it drop and/or keep searching for a cheaper pellet smoker. They had a traeger, but one of the smaller ones. So off to craigslist.

V9eTbqXl.jpg

u6DOwril.jpg

jzVYFJbl.jpg

WSokeDxl.jpg

hKT2Bgwl.jpg

55pb2Tyl.jpg

6kUgbzIl.jpg

ekQ2kjkl.jpg

Whaaaaaat. Prime packers in Georgia!?

I almost didn't go by the meat case since I lost hopes of them being in ga. Heard of other neighbouring states that started to carry them and got excited hoping it would be here soon but gave up hope. Randomly went to this location just to check out the smoker and as I wandered to the meat case I could see them from 50 feet away.

Hopefully they always carry them. This was the mall of Georgia location. All asking sizes. Not one that wasn't thick and large. :-D

I popped into our nearby Costco yesterday and they did not have any of these. They did have prime packers though at $2.99/pound.

Seems like a good buy for the price. Be interesting to see how it cooks being pretty small. Hell for that price, I am tempted to go down and buy one to try out

Seems like a good buy for the price. Be interesting to see how it cooks being pretty small. Hell for that price, I am tempted to go down and buy one to try out

I hope it goes maybe $100 lower. Probably won't at that current price which is already low, but no way that thing doesn't put out good stuff. Most interesting will be to see where the hot spots are. Baffle comes in a few inches which is better than nothing (depending on who you ask). I might be back tomorrow..........possibly to snag more briskets.

I hope it goes maybe $100 lower. Probably won't at that current price which is already low, but no way that thing doesn't put out good stuff. Most interesting will be to see where the hot spots are. Baffle comes in a few inches which is better than nothing (depending on who you ask). I might be back tomorrow..........possibly to snag more briskets.

Lol. If it goes down another hundred or so, I'll go buy it just because, even though I just ordered a yoder pellet pooper:)

Thanks for the heads up on the mark down, fellas. That was the push I needed.

Can't wait to see the video review. Hopefully while they are still in stock so I can go get one.

Assuming a tuning plate would help even that heat. May be an easy mod.

Lol. If it goes down another hundred or so, I'll go buy it just because, even though I just ordered a yoder pellet pooper:)

I need a pellet smoker first, but $400 you pretty much have to buy it on principle :grin:. I was at academy this week and seems like a thicker version of a lot of those old country offset smokers and they work great.

Right on Baby Back Maniac, I was always kind of wondering why I never saw an offset in your backyard. Hope this one works out for you. Cheers!

Ya the space is what kept me from making the impulse buy on Friday. I should have tossed the briskets I bought into smoker at the store to give perspective, but you could realistically get one full packer on one side and 2 butts on the other with maybe a little room in there for a few smaller items. Granted that is still a lot of meat to feed a bunch of people :becky:

Back