I got tired of hearing about the Bayou Costco smoker so...

"4-5 beers deep so I grabbed the semi-gloss, AGAIN"

I laughed out loud on that.

Nice build, thank you for sharing.

That's legit man!! Now post some cook pics!

Stick burners are cool. I don't want one at all, but they are cool.

How did you decide the length and diameter of the exhaust stack? I've always wondered if there is a formula for that based on the volume of the cook chamber, or if it requires what we used to call in engineering a SWAG (Scientific Wild-A** Guess)?

Around a year ago someone posted that Costco had a Bayou smoker that looked thick, well built and kept getting cheaper. I had never really thought that I wanted a stick burner but that crazy dude on here (Jason TQ) and some other guy (can’t remember who) made me want one bad.

"Crazy dude" when speaking about Jason is an understatement.:laugh::laugh:

-Eric

How did you decide the length and diameter of the exhaust stack? I've always wondered if there is a formula for that based on the volume of the cook chamber, or if it requires what we used to call in engineering a SWAG (Scientific Wild-A** Guess)?

Thanks for the compliments everyone.

Yes there are a few formulas to figuring out the size of the firebox to the compared to the cook chamber and the opening between the two and the length of the stack. I plugged all my numbers into Feldon’s calculator and a one other pit calculator. They were very close when it came to the Length of a 4” diameter stack. Ialso emailed back-and-forth with the guy who builds pits and that’s how I came up with the length of my stack. I went a little longer than both feldon’s and the other pit calculator told me to though. I lit a fire in it before it went to sandblasting and it was drawing awesome. I think I nailed the dimensions.

c8444a50e0883c8d1e41a7374f694c26.jpg

Is it just me, or does that counter balance look like a spoiler?? Hahahaha .. multi functional. Helps with the weight of the door and keeps the smoker aerodynamic!!

Very nice work!!:mrgreen:

Count me as highly impressed as well! I have never welded, and it just doesn’t look easy. It great job!

PS. I love the bow hunting, way more sporting than using a gun.

Back