First time smoking. EVER. USDA prime whole packer brisket and pork butt

There it comes out. I knew that was too good for just a rookie :eusa_clap
Looks like a great meal, we old timers had better step up our game with you around:razz:

Welcome to the forum

Honestly though, I really did feel like a rookie. The only advantage of being a chef, was knowing how to slice. Haha. And maybe my attention to detail. Everything felt very very new to me. I definitely have to try making another brisket to see if that first time was beginners luck or if I actually got something going there. We'll see :)

Cooked like a Pro, oh, you are a Pro....:laugh: Plus, your photography is excellent!

Lol. Thank you. But like I said above, I felt like it was my first day cooking anything. Totally different world but I loved it and can't wait to do another smoke :)

Very nicely done Chef Daniel!

Welcome to the Brethren. You are going to make a great contributor, I can tell!

Nice work. I smoke primarily on WSM's and the only suggestion I would make is to keep the lower vents open more to keep from choking out the fire. Cooking at 275 to 300 will have that brisket done in 6 to 7 hours, instead of 12.

Very nice. Look forward to seeing your future cooks. Nice to see more Southern California folks around this site too!

Very nice. Look forward to seeing your future cooks. Nice to see more Southern California folks around this site too!

Yeah. I noticed not to many of us around here. By the way. Amazing avatar pic! GKG!!! A little disappointed with yesterdays game but what can ya do.

Very nice. Won't be long and you'll be swapping that 18" for the 22", cause everyone will be asking you to cook for them...

Very nice. Won't be long and you'll be swapping that 18" for the 22", cause everyone will be asking you to cook for them...

I have 90 days to return it, even if it's used, to Home Depot if I wanna get the 22 lol. People already said I should open up shop here haha. I told them to hold their horses and to let me get a few smokes under my belt and to make sure my first time wasn't just beginners luck. Lol

That is a great first cook. Congrats on the success. Trust, you will only get better (not that you need to)! I wish my first cook went that well.

Just got home from Costco guys. Got a 13.62 lb prime whole packer brisket. Wish me luck tomorrow morning. Will be doing everything the same just to see if the method I used last time will work again. Brisket # 2 will be done in about 24 hours from now. Can't wait :)

Good luck, but if it's anywhere near your first, you won't need it.

That game was awful btw. Hope they show better vs MN

Back