Not your Daddy's burnt ends

SMOKE FREAK

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Craig
This all started a couple of days ago when I smoked a 10# brisket on my Longhorn.

But the "Summer Cookout" for the throwdown was Sunday when the temp on the patio was 102 degrees.

My son in law made up some sourdough buns for me.

And I pulled the point from the brisket cook out of the fridge.

And ran it through the Beswood slicer.

I used this stuff to give it the BE treatment.

In the pan and smoked on the Weber 26 for a few hours.

As the liquids thickened and the fat rendered, the meat just fell apart.

Used my CI pizza pan for a griddle and charred some onion slices.

Then piled the meat on top. The fat ran down into the onion and cooked it nicely. Don't ask why there was four onion slices on there. I think the heat and beer may have been getting to me by then.

Of course cheese was involved.

And what kind of summer cookout doesn't have fresh tomatoes and hot dill pickles?

And that's it.
Plenty of summer and plenty of cookout.
Definitely not your daddy's burnt ends.

Thanks for checking it out.

That is definitely an innovative take on burnt ends, and a unique preparation method.

I'd eat the he!! out of one of those sammies.

Creative idea!

But, the point is always my favorite part of the brisket so I never understood chopping it up to make burnt ends with it when you could just slice and eat all of that moist brisket goodness. Now, slicing up the flat into some sort of "pulled beef" for sandwichs sounds like a good use for the flat (my briskets turn out great and the flat IS good, just not as good as the point). :)

Best looking sammich I've seen here in a long time, Craig! Outstanding creation!

3SLbgkv.jpg

Back