North Texas Brethren Bash, Saturday Oct 18th - Lake Ray Roberts Isle du Bois State Park

Both of you shouldn't, at least based on my comment.

I was funning you. It was a segway into getting to mention Jorge's bean chili.

Thought if I could get him to come, even if to just beat me up, at least I'd get to meet him :razz:

After the Peanut Caper, the rest of my life is now nutless.
I gotcha...I have been wanting to do this pie again since the last time!

Right now, I'm feeling run pretty ragged, but I get home Friday morning before the bash and if things go as they normally do for things like this, I imagine I'll started getting pretty stoked and get a second wind.

I just wanted to get it out there in case I don't.

Couple of changes for me. Totally Basted (my son Brian) will be unable to join us (he has 3 mid-term tests early next week) so will not be camping. Sorry Bill but your chauffeur will not be smelling like campfire smoke now.

Guess I need to cancel my coffee and white donut order now . . .

I'll bring chili, pig shots and a dessert (brownies or those fruit squares that Mrs Frognot made last year). Will need to borrow a li'l smoker room from somebody for the pig shots.

Is somebody bringing Cabo? I have a slightly used bottle that I can bring. It has historical significance.

Is somebody bringing Cabo? I have a slightly used bottle that I can bring. It has historical significance.
Gotta start with a fresh bottle...never know if any chimps got a hold of your frognot bottle!

Hello Again

I see the weekend weather is "a changin' ".

IdaBo is a great place to watch storms move in. Friday night may be a bit rough but it will make for very pleasant temps Saturday.

Just a quick heads-up, some of the very kind sponsors who gave Peeps goodies last time have been dropping goodies at my door this time around. There will be more door prizes.

I've been running pretty ragged at work lately and I haven't even cracked open the packages, but I'm sure there's some darn good stuff in there.

Just a quick heads-up, some of the very kind sponsors who gave Peeps goodies last time have been dropping goodies at my door this time around. There will be more door prizes.

I've been running pretty ragged at work lately and I haven't even cracked open the packages, but I'm sure there's some darn good stuff in there.
Had I known I was stopping at ATBBQ today, I could have picked up a package :wink:

Can't wait to see what all we got!

Iit was killing me not to be going. I'm glad y'all are getting door prizes to make up for you not getting to hang out with me. :)

I am praying for you all to have safe travels and a great gathering with lots of fun memories and good food. I'm looking forward to pron!

Dan, we sure wish you you could join us this time and expect to see you at a future bash.

Bill's passport into Texas is a provisional one and future trips are dependent on good behavior.

Bill, thanks for inviting me.. We have a morning obligation, and a later afternoon obligation, but my wife and I are going to try to drive over for an hour or so. Look forward to meeting you and frognot from way back, and the many I have not had the pleasure of meeting on this forum yet.

Well, hat was embarrassing. Somehow I got the weekend wrong - it's not like the title of this thread says the 18th, sheesh - and I just called Peeps to harass him/y'all at the Bash. Lord have mercy.

Bill, thanks for inviting me.. We have a morning obligation, and a later afternoon obligation, but my wife and I are going to try to drive over for an hour or so. Look forward to meeting you and frognot from way back, and the many I have not had the pleasure of meeting on this forum yet.

Mike! Great to see you online again. Hope you see y'all next weekend.

Oh and Sliding Billy needs to bring that weird yet Deliscous Dessert thing.

Any one needing smoker space I've always brought 2 but only used 1 - so I can bring 2 again?

Back