THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I was planning on a couple naked fatties for breakfast. But if someone is thinking of making a special stuffed breakfast fatty, by all means, I can just do one or none. No skin off my back :wink:

What time do the festivities wind up on Sunday morning. I'm on vacation some 1800 miles away. I would like to maybe stop by Sunday morning. Let me know.

I'm so excited!

Going shopping for pickle stuff after work, going to make the marubozo pickles tonight so they'll have a few days to get good. And I dream about those beef ribs in my fridge. I'm going to do my best not to mess them up--never made them before. Or the pickles for that matter. But what's a little experimentation among friends, right?

Oh, and I'm targeting getting there when the gates open, so I'll probably actually be there around 7am.

There will be a few guys there that done some beef ribs before....do it like that brisket in
April and you'll nail it!

What time do the festivities wind up on Sunday morning. I'm on vacation some 1800 miles away. I would like to maybe stop by Sunday morning. Let me know.

Mike, not sure how many folks are camping Saturday night but it seems that the majority are just gonna be there Saturday only. Would really like to see ya again, it's been way too long.

Getting excited for this one. The venison roast, backstrap, and sausages are defrosting now... So I have a weird question... My wife is free on Saturday as well and is contemplating coming out with me all of a sudden.... Will anyone else be bringing there significant others or is this a stag party? She doesnt want to be the only female in the mix of course. Of course Im game either way!:-D

We had several wives and kids at the last bash and everybody had a good time. This looks like it be an even bigger group.

Plus the best way to convince her that you need another smoker, more gadgets, etc is to see what everybody brings.

We had several wives and kids at the last bash and everybody had a good time. This looks like it be an even bigger group.

Plus the best way to convince her that you need another smoker, more gadgets, etc is to taste what everybody brings.

roflbot23_zpse9cfce6f.jpg

I'm from weatherford and new to this fourm what is the north texas brethren bash

Just some guys from the forum spending the day hanging out, shooting the $hit, cooking, eating and possibly having a few "pops."

We will be at Ray Roberts Isle du Boise (can't remember the exact pavilion that was reserved, but it is at the very end of the park by the swimming area I think) this Saturday. We will start with breakfast and finish up after dinner.

Just a little thing I created ( Not a Bash- they been around in other places for years- but N Tx Bash) and Peeps Improved - :mrgreen: come on out Tailgater ...........

I'm from weatherford and new to this fourm what is the north texas brethren bash

It's our 3rd gathering of local (and some not so local*) Brethren that meet up at a state park and cook all kinds of tasty goodies and just have a great time. I think last time we had 9 different smokers going and they were all different kinds. If you can't or don't want to bring a smoker, no worries because somebody will have extra space. Here's some info from last Spring's bash (we're a long-winded bunch so started on page 25)

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=180007&page=25

*Last bash was attended by Dave and his son Mac from Florida and this bash will be attended by Bill from Chicago.

Our first North Texas Bash was last Fall and here's that info: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=171833&page=10

Back