North Texas Brethren Bash, Saturday Oct 18th - Lake Ray Roberts Isle du Bois State Park

I will be there (one or both of the boys might come). I am doing a brisket point in the portable pooper so that we don't have to wait for dinner to enjoy some brisket. Pretty sure we are doing the breakfast fatty in there, and it will be available after lunch if anyone needs to cook something small. I will also be bringing a bunch of supplies so that they are there 1st thing in the morning. Plates, bowls, plasticware, cups, paper towels, latex gloves, butcher paper, dish soap, ice... Am I forgetting anything? I am also trying to talk Mrs. s_b into making a macaroni salad. Oh yeah, I'll grab donuts and coffee for the brave few who get up with the roosters.

I found out this week that most of my power wheelchair was approved by insurance. However, even if I could come up with my portion of the cost together today, the chair wouldn't be here in time for the bash. I'm gonna have to ask you all to be strong and fo on without me. LOL

I was really looking forward to this for many reasons. God bless y'all with safe travels, great food and terrific memories! Someone drink a shot of tequila for me. Or two.

There will be another one in the spring. And maybe the summer. And definitely the fall.

I think we've got a critical mass of BBQ folks in the DFW area that like hanging out and cooking for each other.

If I've still got my stepdad's Old Country Pecos I'll be bringing that and a load of hickory. I've been having fun with this stick burning thing.

Otherwise it's the WSM again.

I haven't decided for sure yet what I'm going to cook. I may do ribs again, those seemed to be popular.

I am for sure in along with the wife and I'm sure at least 1 or 2 of the kiddos if not all 3. I will also be bringing my home grown RF so I will have plenty of room for anything people want to cook. I plan on doing a not so crispy brisket and maybe something else just not sure what. Trying to make arrangements for camping but waiting to find out what the wife's schedule looks like for that weekend.:thumb:

Ok so it's official we are going to be camping Friday and Saturday and bringing another family as well! Who else is camping and what area are you guys planning on staying in so we can shoot to get close?

My son and I are planning on camping Friday and Saturday night. You can reserve a campsite but don't know which one. On arrival at the park you pick your spot from available ones.

We were neighbors with peeps & his family last Spring because peeps posted which campsite he was at and we picked one next to him.

This will be my first bash and unfortunately I don't have a large portable smoker to bring along. I plan on bringing my little charcoal grill for ABT's etc, but I really want to contribute some of my harvested game. Would anyone have any room on their cooker for a venison roast or a bacon wrapped backstrap?? Also, some links of venison and wild hog sausages??

This will be my first bash and unfortunately I don't have a large portable smoker to bring along. I plan on bringing my little charcoal grill for ABT's etc, but I really want to contribute some of my harvested game. Would anyone have any room on their cooker for a venison roast or a bacon wrapped backstrap?? Also, some links of venison and wild hog sausages??

We will make room for it. Wild hog sausages sounds awesome, and pretty much anything venison is great! Legends is bringing his offset, and Dave may be bringing one as well. Trust me, there will be room.

I may not be able to do the pies with my travel schedule the next couple weeks. I might just bring the coffee and fatty supplies and come hang out.

This week I spend Wed-Fri in Kansas for work. Next week, I spend Mon-Fri morning in the Toronto area for work, then leave on the following Tuesday to Mexico for vacation.

We'll see how I feel on the Friday before the bash...my guess is I'll be getting stoked for it and make the fillings ahead of time again, but no promises. :sad:

I was hoping to try that infamous pecan pie.

Thats okay, we'll just have seconds of frognot's bro's chili.

Hope he uses Jorge's texas chili recipe with the beans I keep hearing about!

:boxing:

Do you think they'll serve it Chicago style as a Frito Pie?

:twisted:

My son and I are planning on camping Friday and Saturday night. You can reserve a campsite but don't know which one. On arrival at the park you pick your spot from available ones.QUOTE]

Hello from tx.......I'm a newbie to the forum but not to RayRob Lake. I love Isle du Bois (IdaBo :) ).

Just in case you are not familiar, a heads up; it can be a very full park some weekends. At times, booked by groups like yours.

Calling ahead can be a good idea.

Thanks & looking forward to perusing the forums.

Hello from tx.......I'm a newbie to the forum but not to RayRob Lake. I love Isle du Bois (IdaBo :) ).

Just in case you are not familiar, a heads up; it can be a very full park some weekends. At times, booked by groups like yours.

Calling ahead can be a good idea.

Thanks & looking forward to perusing the forums.

C'mon out and join us!

Bill, actually it's my son who makes the chili and there is no room for beans due to all the peppers used.

Do you think they'll serve it Chicago style as a Frito Pie?

:twisted:

I like my chili with Fritos & cheese so some will be provided.

I might could sweet-talk Sandra (Mrs Frognot) into making a pecan pie. She's always done brownies for us at the previous bashes.

Always make a reservation and get there early to pick a good spot! that has always been my practice at Texas State Parks...

I might could sweet-talk Sandra (Mrs Frognot) into making a pecan pie. She's always done brownies for us at the previous bashes.
Charles, I'll try to let you know as soon as I can if I think I will be up for doing the pies...

Charles, I'll try to let you know as soon as I can if I think I will be up for doing the pies...

Both of you shouldn't, at least based on my comment.

I was funning you. It was a segway into getting to mention Jorge's bean chili.

Thought if I could get him to come, even if to just beat me up, at least I'd get to meet him :razz:

After the Peanut Caper, the rest of my life is now nutless.

Back