New Smoker Build Complete!

fully insulated stick burner??? :shock::shock::shock:

Awesome! Can't wait to see some cooks on that bad boy :thumb:

If it cooks nearly as good as it looks, you'll be puttin' out some incredibly fine Q!!

That is beautiful for sure!!

KC

Well almost, just need to order one more thermometer. The build has taken a little over 5 months but I it is ready for its first fire. I had an idea for an insulated reverse flow stick burner and my dad brought the idea to life. I would love to say I helped him with the build but mainly I stood around and helped hold things in place. It has a 30x60 11 guage rolled tube chamber with atleast 1" insulation around the chamber. Can't wait to fire it up and season it!

Fabulous looking cooker. Question - your paint job is beautiful. Is the red that you used heat-resistant? If so, where did you get it? About the only heat-resistant paint I have found is the satin-sheen black Rustoleum.

Thanks everyone! My son actually picked out the color since he said he wanted the color to be like Lightning McQueen. Yes the color red makes the smoker get to temp faster! The color is powder coated so it is somewhat high heat but that is one of the reasons we insulated the entire smoker so the color should be alright. I will post pics of the build in a day or so

Back