New Shirley Fab On Order. And Now the Wait......

Nice post, as always. Thanks for the read. Can't wait to see the monster cooker.

I'm pretty excited. And glad it is now already paid for :biggrin1:. My first cook might change a bunch. Was thinking whole hog, but now thinking about how many smaller "whole" things I can get into it. So whole lamb, whole goat, whole turkey, goose, whole rib roast, whole donkey...........along with a couple butts a brisket, my homemade sausage, a leprechaun.

I'm pretty excited. And glad it is now already paid for :biggrin1:. My first cook might change a bunch. Was thinking whole hog, but now thinking about how many smaller "whole" things I can get into it. So whole lamb, whole goat, whole turkey, goose, whole rib roast, whole donkey...........along with a couple butts a brisket, my homemade sausage, a leprechaun.

your forgot the fatty and the umpa lumpa.:heh:

your forgot the fatty and the umpa lumpa.:heh:

Umpa lumpa yes, fatty no. I might start the anti-fatty first cook thread just for kicks and giggles :icon_blush::p. Though I do have enough ground up sausage meat in my freezer I could make one of my own. But instead of the boring log shape maybe shape it into a dinosaur or something.

Umpa lumpa yes, fatty no. I might start the anti-fatty first cook thread just for kicks and giggles :icon_blush::p. Though I do have enough ground up sausage meat in my freezer I could make one of my own. But instead of the boring log shape maybe shape it into a dinosaur or something.

i would do the thread just to see if Ron will actually shed a tear.:shocked: i say make a 28LB fatty and cook that thing up. 28LBS??? yeah that sounds about right.:heh:

WHAT SAY YE...??? A 28 LB FATTY!!! Rock on! Can't wait to see that one! Go Jason, GO!

Wow, let's think about what design you could make with it...!

Reminds me of an old post from a beloved Brethren that is no longer with us... I can't recall where/what is was at the moment but Gore would know. /hijack

Anything under 28lbs just isn't going to cut it. You set standard:becky:

Anything under 28lbs just isn't going to cut it. You set standard:becky:

Yeah I search through the briskets every time i'm at RD or anywhere..............gonna be searching the rest of my life I feel :twitch:. Now just hoping for something decent sized above 20lbs that I'll cook during my first smoke on my new SF.

Aint you guys got a lot of wild boars out there in GA? Maybe we can send ya a couple javelinas. ;)

Aint you guys got a lot of wild boars out there in GA? Maybe we can send ya a couple javelinas. ;)

Yes though I don't know where to go for them. I'd hunt, but dang if I need another time and money intensive hobby like I need a hole in my head :becky:. So I'd need to find someone that has wild boar hunting land and will let me come hunt them and take them home :clap2:

Annnnnnndddddddddddd the reason I love my wife............. As I was sitting here on the forum she got home and knew that only after 2 days of selling my shirley I was planning on my 1st cook on my new one that will be here next year. She also knew that as of yesterday my first cook went from whole hog to whole other animals that I can get many of them on the smoker at one time.............

So she was talking with her co-workers today and randomly chatting about girl stuff and apparently smoking entire animals came up because that is what she does and they let her know about a place that carried whole goats and lambs that might be cheaper or at least comparable than restaurant depot because that is where they get them to smoke :-D!! I've been to a few nam dae muns around me, but none carried whole goats (only stew meat) or whole lambs at all. So this is one near me that I haven't been to that shouldn't have both.

Will probably run there tomorrow or this weekend to scope out prices and if in fact they have what she heard they have. I know places I can get whole goat, but it is pricey. Either way, love that woman. Who they heck else brings up smoking whole animals with their girlfriends???? Other than the ladies that frequent this site of course :mrgreen:

Back