New Blackstone Charcoal Grill

another :pop2: (aka BUMP)

Getting close. Hope you think this thing is a piece of junk (cuz there's no way I can squeeze yet another BBQ/Grill/Griddle in, and this thing looks very interesting):biggrin1:

Roger that. I hope it sux 'cause it'll spare me wanting yet another cooker, but I hope it rules, 'cause I want yet another cooker. :crazy:

Pulled the trigger - Just can't pass this up. Delivery by Wednesday.

My life will be spinning!

please let us know if you receive it tomorrow, and maybe some pictures, and maybe a cook, and maybe a review....tomorrow

Got it yesterday

boSFe1nh.png

1s7rNKth.png

Will be interested to see how sturdy or un-sturdy this will be. That earlier video did not make me want it.

Will be interested to see how sturdy or un-sturdy this will be. That earlier video did not make me want it.

some things about it looked flimsy. the lowering/raising of charcoal grate especially. looked like some part or parts of that mechanism will break over time. also how long the kabob motor will last. anyhow cant wait to see reviews on this thing. theres only the one by todd but they give him stuff for free.

that being said the griddle i own it and its awesome. great quality.

The concept is awesome. Only issue is that the metal is real thin. To make it simple for everyone, it's about the thickness of the below Brinkmann smoker.

A00Y_1_20120606_6685615.jpg

In a nutshell there are pros and cons BUT I don't regret buying. Especially for what it will do for $200. I'll go into full detail when I post a thread on it. In the middle of something now but I know there is a lot excitement in the air. :biggrin1:

Some more teaser shots

mVqFf1ch.png

Really nice cast iron grates

CT4TJNih.png

0Xu7vyHh.png

u9UayQhh.png

some things about it looked flimsy. the lowering/raising of charcoal grate especially. looked like some part or parts of that mechanism will break over time. also how long the kabob motor will last. anyhow cant wait to see reviews on this thing. theres only the one by todd but they give him stuff for free.

that being said the griddle i own it and its awesome. great quality.

The fire basket, cast iron grates, skewers, roti assembly, legs, wheels, handles are all very good quality for what you pay for. Only downside is the metal thickness but again the fire will mainly sit in the basket so that will spare the base/pull out ashtray. As far as what residual heat will do, I guess we'll find out. I'm pretty certain it'll last at least a few years which is fine by me for the $.

Again, overall I'm very happy with it and no regrets so far. I'll post a detailed thread on it. I plan to rock n roll on Saturday. :thumb:

Looking forward to your impressions. My brother ended up buying one after I showed him this thread and his arrived today. As you mentioned his first observation was about the thinness of the metal. We'll see :grin:

I'm thinking you gonna sell me on one of these
:clap2::clap2::clap2:

:pop2::pop2::pop2:

:grin:

Only if they went with a little thicker gauge steel, it would've been a home run. I would've gladly paid more for it. It's a trade off though and they're obviously looking at a broader market then the snobby brethren. :heh:

Again, no regrets and it should do what it's intended to very well. It went together well except the side handle install. The bolt got stuck or possibly cross threaded :icon_blush: and trying to uninstall it with a bit of force it broke off. :noidea: IIRC this was a common issue with the Blackstone pizza ovens as the handles are identical on the grill. Blackstone's amazing customer service gave me a tracking number for the replacement parts in less than 12 hrs.:thumb:

vLTj1dRh.png

The fire basket, cast iron grates, skewers, roti assembly, legs, wheels, handles are all very good quality for what you pay for. Only downside is the metal thickness but again the fire will mainly sit in the basket so that will spare the base/pull out ashtray. As far as what residual heat will do, I guess we'll find out. I'm pretty certain it'll last at least a few years which is fine by me for the $.

Again, overall I'm very happy with it and no regrets so far. I'll post a detailed thread on it. I plan to rock n roll on Saturday. :thumb:

Thanks for the info Neighbor! I wondered how the base would handle the hot coals. Looking forward to your cook. :thumb: :grin:

Back