New Blackstone Charcoal Grill

From what I see, the base of the unit must be made from the same powder coated metal as the base of the Blackstone griddle. I can't tell from the inside picture, what the inside bottom is. Surely it's thick enough to handle the hot coal ash and pieces of burning coal that fall through the grate.

I have a Hasty Bake Gourmet dual coated model. The powder coated bottom is made from 18 gauge metal. Not thick at all... but I've had no problems with it.
http://www.hastybake.com/collection...cts/hasty-bake-gourmet-257-256-charcoal-grill
This will be my 6th year of use on the Hasty Bake.

Just wondering if this Blackstone grill is made from similar material.

That's what I thought also Jeanie. If not then I can work something out for the bottom so not a big deal. I usually clean out my ashes next day so that should give it some longevity. Even if it lasts a couple of years I'll be happy.

Hey, an excuse to buy something else when it rusts through. :becky:

Fair point.

But if one is only looking to use the kebab roti then one of these might be of interest - Amazon.com : TROOPS BBQ Kabob Buddie Motorized Battery Operated Kabob Rotisserie. The ultimate grill accessory and complete setup for great kabobs anywhere! : Patio, Lawn & Garden

Easier to store away and I wouldn't have to explain to my wife why yet another grill is taking up space on the patio. :)

This one also folds up and can be stuck in a corner of the shed when not in use - Amazon.com: Cyprus Grill USCG0704A Deluxe Automatic Charcoal Rotisserie: Patio, Lawn & Garden

I've checked out the Troops roti but the skewers are thin and very flimsy looking. The littlest piece of meat on that skewer wouldn't spin when it heats through in a few minutes. The skewers look way better on the Blackstone.

And depending on the grill you use the Troops on you're going to burn your wooden handles or char them at least.

Last edited:
That's what I thought also Jeanie. If not then I can work something out for the bottom so not a big deal. I usually clean out my ashes next day so that should give it some longevity. Even if it lasts a couple of years I'll be happy.

Hey, an excuse to buy something else when it rusts through. :becky:

I was thinking of the mod you made to your Santa Maria grill.. didn't you make a custom metal lid for it? Bet you could do the same with an insert for this grill if it needs one. :grin:

I think it's a great price. Tempted to get one myself. :becky:

I was thinking of the mod you made to your Santa Maria grill.. didn't you make a custom metal lid for it? Bet you could do the same with an insert for this grill if it needs one. :grin:

I think it's a great price. Tempted to get one myself. :becky:

Yep! I'll have something fabricated by my brother or friend real quick. I gotta look it over once I receive and I'll go from there. Shoot, talk about temptation. I ordered it as soon as I clicked on this thread right through Moose's link. :becky: Wait a bit and I'll give a breakdown of it to see if you want it. :thumb:

Pretty cool. Will have to see if my wife wants this vs the griddle as her "mother's day" gift

Mrs B has not said anything about all the other cookers I've been bringing home. A couple more drinks and I could own one too.

.....okay, it's yours. :laugh: :laugh: I wouldn't have a chance. I'm such a girl. :tsk: :redface::becky:

Oh, now you are just toying with me Jeanie! :becky:

Hey Sako, I just watched that video.....I think the BS looks like a quality cooker/rotisserie and about as likely to rust through as your BS griddle and your BS Pizza oven.....

.....okay, it's yours. :laugh: :laugh: I wouldn't have a chance. I'm such a girl. :tsk: :redface::becky:

I disagree Jeanie! Not just a girl but a COWgirl. HUGE difference. :nod:

7e03d2bcd803f49bce2728e165bd6ce0.jpg

Oh, now you are just toying with me Jeanie! :becky:

Hey Sako, I just watched that video.....I think the BS looks like a quality cooker/rotisserie and about as likely to rust through as your BS griddle and your BS Pizza oven.....

Sweet!! Griddle is 4 y/o and oven is 2 y/o. They're holding up well sitting outside and that's what drove me to pull the trigger.

Ah hell... another new toy to ponder.

I am fairly certain the wife would kill me if another cooker showed up. 1-3 month delivery window? Wow... Im not that patient.

Ah hell... another new toy to ponder.

I am fairly certain the wife would kill me if another cooker showed up. 1-3 month delivery window? Wow... Im not that patient.

I canceled Amazon due to the wait and went with GriddleGuru to get it faster once I found out they have it. Just sayin'! :becky:

Back