New Blackstone Charcoal Grill

Update

So I went to GriddleGuru.com (Blackstone's direct site from what I know) and sure enough they have it listed for $199 and seems ready to ship.:becky:

Cancelled my Amazon order and ordered from Griddleguru. They also ship for free and a nice plus with them is no tax so total was $199 out the door. :clap2:

Model number is Blackstone 1620. :thumb:

I own a few Carsons and I own a Blackstone Patio Oven and I used to own the Blackstone griddle. The build quality of the Blackstone stuff is pretty flimsy. Just watch that new grill shake when he raises the grate in the video. The Carson is built like a tank and the price reflects it. I'd be worried about how long the Blackstone grill would keep spinning. My take.[/QUOTE]

Yup. They look like those Brinkmanns(?) that rust out pretty quickly.

Neat idea for the kabobs though.

Interesting! Looking forward to your review Sako. :thumb:

I definitely trust Sakos opinion over the guy in the video. He likes everything Blackstone makes. :p

Lol, thanks guys! For the money I've spent on the BS products I've been happy and they perform well. This shouldn't be an exception and will mainly be used for kabobs. I've got the big boy toys to play with when doing something else so not worried at all. :grin:

Nice buy Sako! Looking forward to seeing those kabobs in your future.

Also if you need some space I will babysit a couple of your cookers for you. Your BS pizza oven or that LSG are more than welcome to visit my house any time you need me....:becky:

Oh and so is the Vision Kamodo and the Santa Maria. ...:becky:

I talked to someone on another forum who has actually seen/touched one of these and he was very disappointed. Thin steel, felt flimsy. Didn't feel it would last more than a year or two.

Also if you need some space I will babysit a couple of your cookers for you. Your BS pizza oven or that LSG are more than welcome to visit my house any time you need me....:becky:

Oh and so is the Vision Kamodo and the Santa Maria. ...:becky
:

:doh: Why didn't I think of that. I'll split them with you Andrew. :laugh:

Who cares if it rusts out after a few years, buy another one and you will still be $100 richer than if you bought a Carson Rodizio. I always liked the idea of the Carson Rodizio but thought the price point was too high for something I wouldn't use that often. Looking forward to hearing what you think Sako. With a baby coming in 2 months, I would also be sleeping outside like Shagdog if I bought another grill....but hey at least I wouldn't go hungry.

Lol, thanks guys! For the money I've spent on the BS products I've been happy and they perform well. This shouldn't be an exception and will mainly be used for kabobs. I've got the big boy toys to play with when doing something else so not worried at all. :grin:

He owns a PBC---that's like the ultimate cheat sheet to all the tests. Quiet Confidence reigns.

i wonder if this new blackstone could be a 4 n 1. i can buy a griddle from camp chef or some other brand.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares if it rusts out after a few years, buy another one and you will still be $100 richer than if you bought a Carson Rodizio. I always liked the idea of the Carson Rodizio but thought the price point was too high for something I wouldn't use that often. Looking forward to hearing what you think Sako. With a baby coming in 2 months, I would also be sleeping outside like Shagdog if I bought another grill....but hey at least I wouldn't go hungry.

Fair point.

But if one is only looking to use the kebab roti then one of these might be of interest - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/TROOPS-BBQ-Motorized-Rotisserie-accessory/dp/B014E6WD32/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1461703088&sr=8-5&keywords=kebab+rotisserie"]Amazon.com : TROOPS BBQ Kabob Buddie Motorized Battery Operated Kabob Rotisserie. The ultimate grill accessory and complete setup for great kabobs anywhere! : Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/519aWkuNfuL.@@AMEPARAM@@519aWkuNfuL[/ame]

Easier to store away and I wouldn't have to explain to my wife why yet another grill is taking up space on the patio. :)

This one also folds up and can be stuck in a corner of the shed when not in use - [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Cyprus-Grill-USCG0704A-Automatic-Rotisserie/dp/B00Q3QS7TG/ref=sr_1_17?ie=UTF8&qid=1461703088&sr=8-17-spons&keywords=kebab+rotisserie&psc=1"]Amazon.com: Cyprus Grill USCG0704A Deluxe Automatic Charcoal Rotisserie: Patio, Lawn & Garden@@AMEPARAM@@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41Z3T4L%2BQHL.@@AMEPARAM@@41Z3T4L%2BQHL[/ame]

From what I see, the base of the unit must be made from the same powder coated metal as the base of the Blackstone griddle. I can't tell from the inside picture, what the inside bottom is. Surely it's thick enough to handle the hot coal ash and pieces of burning coal that fall through the grate.

I have a Hasty Bake Gourmet dual coated model. The powder coated bottom is made from 18 gauge metal. Not thick at all... but I've had no problems with it.
http://www.hastybake.com/collection...cts/hasty-bake-gourmet-257-256-charcoal-grill
This will be my 6th year of use on the Hasty Bake.

Just wondering if this Blackstone grill is made from similar material.

Oh and so is the Vision Kamodo and the Santa Maria. ...:becky:

Well... Gotta let one or two go. Hmmmmmm Let me think a bit and I'll let you know :becky:

Thanks Tg! Exactly. I don't expect it to last a lifetime for that kind of money. If I want a bulletproof version of this I can have Chris at LSG build one for me for MUCH more. This is more in tune with how I intend to use it then the Carson and that's why I backed out of the Kickstarter campaign. BTW I was getting a Carson for a hell of a deal but didn't want it tiered for how "I" use it.

Back