THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kjonge

Knows what a fatty is.
I decided to build a new BBQ spot as winter is on its way in Seattle, this means mostly rain.. So I need a nice covered space, the real roof will come later. I mostly did the tile floor and electricity now:

15103341081_cb988b9918_z.jpg

This weekend I am making brisket to bring to a party, got a great 12 lb angus brisket at our local butcher ($6 lb .. ouch)

14919711960_75154e1d8e_z.jpg

decided do just S&P today:
15083351956_c29d903e8f_z.jpg

I put her on at 10 pm at 225 with hickory pellets
15103340851_d91d71f137_z.jpg

At 7:30 in the morning its at 163F internal and looking great:
14919783477_3e8c0a4e5f_z.jpg

To be continued :)

Dayum that looks great......one of these days I'll get the cojones to try one :oops:. The best I can muster is a couple of racks of beef back ribs.

More pics pls
John

^^^Chucky's are now my goto favorite "cheap" meat...in fact I just started one tonight...its going to be cold chucky sammichs all week for lunch!

Nice lookin brisket!

Ok back from the party, the result was awesome.

14926841950_43c2315ec3_z.jpg

bottom left are marzubos pickles ��. Bunt ends were ok, not great. Had to finish them off at our friends oven.

Yeah I know these things are scary and expensive as hell. The biggest tip i can give is give yourself a couple of extra hours. They are never done when you want them done ��

^^^Chucky's are now my goto favorite "cheap" meat...in fact I just started one tonight...its going to be cold chucky sammichs all week for lunch!

Nice lookin brisket!

+1 for the Chucky's. Need to keep it quiet though. Not long ago Tri-Tip was $2.99 lb and Flap & Skirt Steak was .99 cents lb. once the secret is out it's all over.

That is a really good looking brisket!
I see you moved the T probe from the early flat towards the point. Why?

I was getting some false readings, I expect it was in a pocket of fat. When I moved it a bit the temp dropped 10F on the reader.

Back