THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's still ongoing. The first shipper fell through and never showed to pick it up on two different appts. I relisted it and got a new shipper with a great feedback rating. They are supposed to pick it up next week and bring it out.

My experience was shipping a wagon wheel patio model 20'X50" to the Portland, Oregon area.

I found Thomas at Freighters and Craters to be hard to get a hold of, and he priced the job like he was not interested.

I used the online brokerage "FrieghtCenter.com" and worked closely with the rep. Once everyone could see the unit was highly mobile and durable, the crate was omitted. This saved at least $600.

My final cost including insurance was $1300 for white glove, residential lift gate and call for a delivery appointment options.

Be advised you need to read the contact precisely to make this method work. I spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up like I wanted. Also, if you are not in a hurry, that can save you some serious $$$ as well. Good luck.

My experience was shipping a wagon wheel patio model 24'X50" to the Portland, Oregon area.

I found Thomas at Freighters and Craters to be hard to get a hold of, and he priced the job like he was not interested.

I used the online brokerage "FrieghtCenter.com" and worked closely with the rep. Once everyone could see the unit was highly mobile and durable, the crate was omitted. This saved at least $600.

My final cost including insurance was $1300 for white glove, residential lift gate and call for a delivery appointment options.

Be advised you need to read the contact precisely to make this method work. I spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up like I wanted. Also, if you are not in a hurry, that can save you some serious $$$ as well. Good luck.

Yep, I'm thinking Thomas has decided he'd rather not deal with smokers anymore. He never did send me the quote he said he would send.

On a happier note, I just got confirmation through uShip that my smoker was picked up today by my replacement shipper. A big thanks to Paul and Tyler for being so understanding about the fact my smoker had to sit at their place taking up space for a month after they finished it because of my shipper issues.

Great Shipper: WESTAM Transport LLC

Well she's finally here. My smoker was just dropped off and I just thought I'd reply to this thread one last time to pass along the shipper's information in case someone else ends up in the same situation and needs a smoker delivered.

Link to their page on uShip:
WESTAM Transport LLC

I've also added a link to my uShip posting, in case someone hasn't used uShip before and wants to see how to post up an ad for their smoker to be shipped.

Back