Need Shipping Options For My Upcoming Shirley Build

It's still ongoing. The first shipper fell through and never showed to pick it up on two different appts. I relisted it and got a new shipper with a great feedback rating. They are supposed to pick it up next week and bring it out.

My experience was shipping a wagon wheel patio model 20'X50" to the Portland, Oregon area.

I found Thomas at Freighters and Craters to be hard to get a hold of, and he priced the job like he was not interested.

I used the online brokerage "FrieghtCenter.com" and worked closely with the rep. Once everyone could see the unit was highly mobile and durable, the crate was omitted. This saved at least $600.

My final cost including insurance was $1300 for white glove, residential lift gate and call for a delivery appointment options.

Be advised you need to read the contact precisely to make this method work. I spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up like I wanted. Also, if you are not in a hurry, that can save you some serious $$$ as well. Good luck.

My experience was shipping a wagon wheel patio model 24'X50" to the Portland, Oregon area.

I found Thomas at Freighters and Craters to be hard to get a hold of, and he priced the job like he was not interested.

I used the online brokerage "FrieghtCenter.com" and worked closely with the rep. Once everyone could see the unit was highly mobile and durable, the crate was omitted. This saved at least $600.

My final cost including insurance was $1300 for white glove, residential lift gate and call for a delivery appointment options.

Be advised you need to read the contact precisely to make this method work. I spend a couple of weeks getting everything lined up like I wanted. Also, if you are not in a hurry, that can save you some serious $$$ as well. Good luck.

Yep, I'm thinking Thomas has decided he'd rather not deal with smokers anymore. He never did send me the quote he said he would send.

On a happier note, I just got confirmation through uShip that my smoker was picked up today by my replacement shipper. A big thanks to Paul and Tyler for being so understanding about the fact my smoker had to sit at their place taking up space for a month after they finished it because of my shipper issues.

Great Shipper: WESTAM Transport LLC

Well she's finally here. My smoker was just dropped off and I just thought I'd reply to this thread one last time to pass along the shipper's information in case someone else ends up in the same situation and needs a smoker delivered.

Link to their page on uShip:
WESTAM Transport LLC

I've also added a link to my uShip posting, in case someone hasn't used uShip before and wants to see how to post up an ad for their smoker to be shipped.

Back