THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fwismoker

somebody shut me the fark up.
Have you ever not been able to think of a name of a recipe? :frusty:

It's something I grew up with and for the life of me can't think of the name but i can picture it clearly. It's kind of a sweet savory tender beef with a reddish sauce sauce that had carrots, onions, and chopped celery in it. It was always served with mashed potatoes and we spooned the sauce over the potatoes.

That's all i got.....OK what is it?? OH i think it starts with the letter S if that helps.

now that i see alton browns recipe. my wifes friend makes that and puts it on rice.. she calls it steak and rice... best stuff ever. now ill have to make it.thanks for the post.

Sounds like traditional Yankee Pot Roast to me:p Actually I bet given your geographic location it is a variation of the Amish Schnitzel meat recipe that traditionally uses veal.
This sound close
SCHNITZEL MEAT RECIPE

* 1½ lbs. veal steak cut in cubes
* 2 tblsp. shortening
* 2 tblsp. flour
* 1 cup tomato juice
* 2 carrots, diced
* 1 small onion, chopped fine
* Salt and pepper
* Flour

Dredge meat with flour and season. Melt shortening (preferably bacon fat) and brown the meat in it. Remove meat from the pan, stir in the flour and blend. Add the tomato juice and stir well until mixture thickens. Add meat, carrots and onion. Cover closely and simmer for 45 minutes.

Back