THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm confident the best photos will be posted here, but have y'all set up an Instagram account where everyone attending can photoshare along with short video clips. Bound to be some great photo/video of fire/smoke/meat. Trophy shots galore- and the best ones make their way back here.

I'm confident the best photos will be posted here, but have y'all set up an Instagram account where everyone attending can photoshare along with short video clips. Bound to be some great photo/video of fire/smoke/meat. Trophy shots galore- and the best ones make their way back here.

SmittyJonz is good about posting pics during the Bash. I don't know of such things as an Instagram Account!
I may have to ask someone experienced in these things. My granddaughter, Londyn, gets out of school around 3:30. I can ask her!! :mrgreen:

Tell SmittyJones not everyone wants their face or profile posted but everyone likes pictures of their meat.

No faces, no LP's. Just smoke fire meat cooker action shots of meat manipulation doors opening smoke rolling.

Yes sir this is the day we have been waiting for!
Test cook of the Rum Shooters with a Caramel Rum Sauce!! WoHoo!! (Using a new cake this year)
It was a success! :mrgreen:

i am a little more prepared than normal (i felt like a slacker after reading how you guys started preparing last week). all i need is ice and to throw everything in the truck. i'm going to work from home later today and get it all packed. i also picked up some cups, plates, napkins, a few extra pans, etc.

Tell SmittyJones not everyone wants their face or profile posted but everyone likes pictures of their meat.

No faces, no LP's. Just smoke fire meat cooker action shots of meat manipulation doors opening smoke rolling.

While we should certainly respect the wishes of each individual, I can tell you one of the best parts for those not attending is the chance to put a face with a name for you farkers.

Really appreciated Sako posting a bunch from the SoCal bash with names so we could say hello!

Of course being elusive like Adams or Cowgirl is fine too...just keeps the mystery going.

While we should certainly respect the wishes of each individual, I can tell you one of the best parts for those not attending is the chance to put a face with a name for you farkers.

Really appreciated Sako posting a bunch from the SoCal bash with names so we could say hello!

Of course being elusive like Adams or Cowgirl is fine too...just keeps the mystery going.
Look close as we will have name tags this year!! :mrgreen:

be careful what you ask for...not all of us are as pretty as Dave.:tsk:

Suggestions on what a non-cooker can bring to help out?

A hearty appetite. We always have lots more food that people to eat it.

Might wanna bring whatever you like to drink. If alcohol, just know it can not be "openly displayed in State Parks" but cans in coozies or drinks in cups will do the trick.

Looking forward to meeting you tomorrow, Wes.

Made it into Texas about 230 today. We will be there hopefully mid-morning. Son and D-I-L along with Ellie, and D-I-L parents may ride up with us, depending a lot on the weather. We have plates, plastic utensils and napkins we are bringing. See y'all tomorrow!

On edit, Son says 35 W in North Ft Worth will be closed this weekend for construction so we're trying to plan a route around it.

Well, with the weather coming in tonight I won't be smoking a half butt, so instead of pulled pork breakfast tacos y'all are getting flat iron steak breakfast tacos.

Has anybody straight-up grilled at a Bash before? Because that's what I'm doing this time. :)
Yes sir Dave, DWFISK, is gonna finish his beef short ribs on one of the pedestal grills. I will bring a 10lb bag of lump, if needed. :mrgreen:

Runs out West side of Ft Worth to the East them up through Keller and Denton. It parallels 35W all the way to Denton then hits 35E before the merge. You can then go on up 35 to the loop. My company owns several water systems around there so I travel the area quite often.

Last edited:
It is the main N/S road just East of the State Park. Goes through Aubry, Pilot Point and on up to Tioga. Runs all the way to the Red River.

Back