N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on Saturday April 22, 2017

I'll be there early with you, Hotch. I want to get the little brisket started early so it is ready for lunch. Rain forecast is starting to clear up. I saw none in the forecast for Saturday when I looked this morning.

And I Quote from Ron White:
"It's gonna be a good day Tater!" :mrgreen:

Man I wish I could make one of these bashes... this shutdown at the refinery had prolly 10 days left...maybe next year... would love to meeet you guys and gals.... hope y'all have a blast!!!!!

Man I wish I could make one of these bashes... this shutdown at the refinery had prolly 10 days left...maybe next year... would love to meeet you guys and gals.... hope y'all have a blast!!!!!
Well you guys a are certainly invited to The Great State of Texas and to any of our Bash's. Looks like we may have three a year! It's a big state!

Paul is kind enough to bring up his Shirley Fab Cabinet model with a warmer so we will be in good company.

I think we need to get Scottie Horton aka SGH, and Scott Allen aka Thatgrimguy to put on a Bash over in your neck of the woods! I bet we would have a great time! :mrgreen:

Last edited:

Well, if you ever want to come, let us know. We would have to take a vote, however. We just do not allow anyone......... :-D

Well the Mac and Cheese Balls did not make the cut! Not cheesy enough for us.
How about I bring some Mac & Cheese?

Wish you could be here too. I guarantee that we'd treat ya right!

So two more days till the N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on Saturday April 22, 2017!!

Looks like the weather will be great, what little rain should roll past at around 2:00am - 3:00am in the early morning!!
May be just a bit cool so bring a jacket if need be. High will hit 69 - 70.
A great Day for a BBQ Brethren Bash!!! :mrgreen:

Last edited:
Hotch, planning to do some pig shots, grilled pineapple and a smoked chocolate, bourbon pecan pie in the MiniMax and some mac & cheese in Paul's Shirley if that works for y'all.

Heading out to my last night shift this week then off until next Monday night so definitely ready to go into bash mode.

Hotch, planning to do some pig shots, grilled pineapple and a smoked chocolate, bourbon pecan pie in the MiniMax and some mac & cheese in Paul's Shirley if that works for y'all.

Heading out to my last night shift this week then off until next Monday night so definitely ready to go into bash mode.
Sounds great! I'll cold smoke the Bacon Balsamic Deviled Eggs first thing.
Then it's your's for the day!
I'll bring the Woo, plate setter and pizza pan with holes.
Do you need anything else!
If so just call or text me. 972-979-0187 :mrgreen:

Being my first bash, what time should I aim to get there?

I'm bringing some St. Louis ribs and a pie to bake on the hottest running cooker.

The BBQ bus is loaded, all fueled up and ready to rock as soon as I feed the cows & horses in the AM. Don't think we will get all the way there but hoping to at least get close to Shreveport tomorrow night then get a good start Friday morning, hit a couple sausage spots on the way in Friday and try to get there by mid-afternoon Friday. Anybody else camping?

Being my first bash, what time should I aim to get there?

It's a Bash, so it's an all day thing!! I'll be there around 6:15-6:30 am to get my stuff unloaded and setup. Billy should be there around the same time.

Remember it's a Texas State Park so $7.00 each at the gate. A fiver and two sawbucks works best! Excact chage is a good thing at 6:00 am! :mrgreen:

The BBQ bus is loaded, all fueled up and ready to rock as soon as I feed the cows & horses in the AM. Don't think we will get all the way there but hoping to at least get close to Shreveport tomorrow night then get a good start Friday morning, hit a couple sausage spots on the way in Friday and try to get there by mid-afternoon Friday. Anybody else camping?

I've got a place for you to park and can run cords or we have spare bedrooms too. I'll have to work but my home is yours Brother!

I've got a place for you to park and can run cords or we have spare bedrooms too. I'll have to work but my home is yours Brother!

Thanks Mike, I have your contact info but I don't think we will push that far. Gotta stop at a RV parts store (probably Camping World) to get a couple things for the coach electrical systems on the way up.

Edit: Oh yea, got 4-5 pounds of flankin cut beef short ribs in the Kalbi marinade, looks like they will get to soak for 30-36 hours:becky:

Last edited:
Back