N Texas BBQ Brethren Bash on Saturday April 22, 2017

I certainly would. Only about 2.5 hrs away, so that's certainly doable.

Our regular fall bash location in Belton would be 2 hours and 45 minutes. Usually in October/November. Would be nice to have a 3rd one. Not sure how many from north Texas would drive an extra hour or 2.

The Belton location worked great for me last fall. Maybe 3 hours from Spring just north of Houston. The one next week would be pretty hard but for my daughter living in the Dallas area. Going to spend a couple of nights up there so easy drive to the Spring Bash.

Hi there. Our Brethren friends in Austin, Kelley and Bruce, are going to work on putting a annual Bash together in Driftwood at Camp Ben McCulloch. Would this be something you would interested in? :mrgreen:

Sign me up! If Kelley and Bruce are planning this it'll be quite the party!

Our regular fall bash location in Belton would be 2 hours and 45 minutes. Usually in October/November. Would be nice to have a 3rd one. Not sure how many from north Texas would drive an extra hour or 2.

I would!! But you already knew that! :pound:

Ditto! Like Field of Dreams, y'all build it and we will come.

Sign me up! If Kelley and Bruce are planning this it'll be quite the party!

Ditto! Like Field of Dreams, y'all build it and we will come.

I might be in if there is a ride available. Driving long distances for me is not fun right now. The last ride to Belton was probably more than I should have done. You all probably noticed (certainly when I left very early) that it took a lot out of me.

I might be in if there is a ride available. Driving long distances for me is not fun right now. The last ride to Belton was probably more than I should have done. You all probably noticed (certainly when I left very early) that it took a lot out of me.

You could ride with me but we usually go a day or 2 early and stay one day after. :mrgreen:

These really sound like a lot of fun. And every time I see one I think this will be the year. But, six hours each way, just not thinking I can do it. The wife is on vacation, so I can't really leave the animals alone for that long, and one isn't well, so a long road trip with him isn't a good idea either.

Y'all have fun and post a lot of pictures. Maybe next time...

Whaaaatttt?:heh: See y'all next week :thumb:

Just six hours? Plug DWFisk and myself into your map thingy and see what we'll be pulling off. We'll actually be in Ft Worth visiting but it's nice to be able to plan a grand baby trip and a Brethern Bash into one trip. You'll never eat better or meet a greater bunch of folks!

See, y'all just saw the complaint and didn't read the rest.

Hi there. Our Brethren friends in Austin, Kelley and Bruce, are going to work on putting a annual Bash together in Driftwood at Camp Ben McCulloch. Would this be something you would interested in? :mrgreen:

Thanks Hotch. I'll see what I can do in the fall...

I can't wait for my first bash! I was gonna bring my boat too, but after looking over the trailer I found that it is not highway safe (and only barely city safe). I'm gonna bring a couple racks of ribs and couple of fishing rods too and who knows...if we land some channels we can fry them up too!

I'd love to go, but it's right at 5 hrs one way for me. I'm just West of Houston, and I think a SoTex bash would be great! Heck, if there's enough interest, I can help organize...or at least help secure a place to meet.

I'm in! I'm in Pearland, TX, just south of Houston. "Have WGA, will travel and BBQ!"

Last edited:
:mod: 3 DAYS :mod: TILL THE N TEXAS BBQ BRETHREN BASH!!

So by now you should know what's cooking, truck is somewhat loaded, cooler is washed and rinsed, beverages are in the fridge getting cold, snacks are on the kitchen table ready to be packed and sides are in the fridge. Next up is to fill and load the cooler, hook up the cooker and shove the wife and kids in the truck!
Tell you friends and remember to sign in on the sheet in my signature line please!!

The Bash is Coming up!!! :mrgreen:

Well the Mac and Cheese Balls did not make the cut! Not cheesy enough for us.
So looks like we will be cooking some Cold Smoked, with Pecan, Balsamic and Bacon Deviled Eggs (on MiniMAX), Deep Fried Sausage Bites and both The Rum and Bourbon Shooters!! So if you want to fry something BRING IT!!! I my fiddle with a couple of thing.

With Mrs Frognot cooking grilled Pineapple, a few sausages and maybe other items on the BGE MiniMAX!

SmittyJonz said he is cooking a few things including his now famous meatloaf. It was killer last year at Belton. Well done my friend!!
So check the sign in sheet and bring what you like. Side are always a great item.
And if we are lucky hopefully will will have a pan of some outstanding beans again!

And I must apologize for not having any parting gifts this year. With our EggFest schedule it seems like we are cooking and traveling every weekend. Not to much time left to chase down sponsors for the Bash.

I plan on meeting Dave at his RV on Friday evening. Spend a little time telling stories on all of you before Saturday!! lol So be ready for some grilling questions come Saturday morning from Dave.

We will have LigherFluid from Sycamore, GA, Ag76 from Tyler TX, Springram from Spring TX and a couple of other out of towner's. Hopefully Peeps can make it up from Austin.

I think the weather will be good this year. If any rain at all seems it will be over in the early morning. That said you may want to bring a coat cause the high will be around 70. I will be rolling in as early as possible and get setup at the Pavilion. Hopefully SlidingBilly will bring his coffee pot once again and the Cabo. We should really finish it offf this year. :mrgreen:

Well the Mac and Cheese Balls did not make the cut! Not cheesy enough for us.
So looks like we will be cooking some Cold Smoked, with Pecan, Balsamic and Bacon Deviled Eggs (on MiniMAX), Deep Fried Sausage Bites and both The Rum and Bourbon Shooters!! So if you want to fry something BRING IT!!! I my fiddle with a couple of thing.

With Mrs Frognot cooking grilled Pineapple, a few sausages and maybe other items on the BGE MiniMAX!

SmittyJonz said he is cooking a few things including his now famous meatloaf. It was killer last year at Belton. Well done my friend!!
So check the sign in sheet and bring what you like. Side are always a great item.
And if we are lucky hopefully will will have a pan of some outstanding beans again!

And I must apologize for not having any parting gifts this year. With our EggFest schedule it seems like we are cooking and traveling every weekend. Not to much time left to chase down sponsors for the Bash.

I plan on meeting Dave at his RV on Friday evening. Spend a little time telling stories on all of you before Saturday!! lol So be ready for some grilling questions come Saturday morning from Dave.

We will have LigherFluid from Sycamore, GA, Ag76 from Tyler TX, Springram from Spring TX and a couple of other out of towner's. Hopefully Peeps can make it up from Austin.

I think the weather will be good this year. If any rain at all seems it will be over in the early morning. That said you may want to bring a coat cause the high will be around 70. I will be rolling in as early as possible and get setup at the Pavilion. Hopefully SlidingBilly will bring his coffee pot once again and the Cabo. We should really finish it offf this year. :mrgreen:

Coffee and Cabo will both be there, I have a couple of other bottles that might make their way into the box. Some Slyrs 51 (a German single malt that I highly doubt anyone has tried since it cannot even be imported to Texas) and some Tower Vodka (a very nice local vodka made in Pilot Point).

sorry hotch...
i am not as organized as you. i will get everything bought friday and maybe pack some drinks in the cooler. i might even hook up the shirley to the truck friday night. hope the variety pack of sausages i get pleases everyone.:wink:

sorry hotch...
i am not as organized as you. i will get everything bought friday and maybe pack some drinks in the cooler. i might even hook up the shirley to the truck friday night. hope the variety pack of sausages i get pleases everyone.:wink:
No worries this one will be great. Any chance of a few pieces of BBQ chicken on the Shirley? I may have a few nakid fatties to go on the Shirley. And we all know you cant have a Bash without a fattie!! lol
Just don't have time to pre cook here at the house with the Texas EggFest next weekend.
Be safe and see you soon! :mrgreen:

No worries this one will be great. Any chance of a few pieces of BBQ chicken on the Shirley? I may have a few nakid fatties to go on the Shirley. And we all know you cant have a Bash without a fattie!! lol
Just don't have time to pre cook here at the house with the Texas EggFest next weekend.
Be safe and see you soon! :mrgreen:

i could probably fit all the meat for the entire bash so a couple of chicken parts and fatties won't be an issue.:heh:

btw...what time is everyone rolling in?

i could probably fit all the meat for the entire bash so a couple of chicken parts and fatties won't be an issue.:heh:

btw...what time is everyone rolling in?

Open daily.
Gates are open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
I plan on rolling up at 6:00 to 6:30. Shelly may come in later.
The reservation starts at 10:00am (Earliest you can have) but someone needs to be there early so we won't have to move someone out of there to setup!

Open daily.
Gates are open 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
I plan on rolling up at 6:00 to 6:30. Shelly may come in later.
The reservation starts at 10:00am (Earliest you can have) but someone needs to be there early so we won't have to move someone out of there to setup!

I'll be there early with you, Hotch. I want to get the little brisket started early so it is ready for lunch. Rain forecast is starting to clear up. I saw none in the forecast for Saturday when I looked this morning.

Back