THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

easy, gas grill and the oven....i mean pellet grill

You must be buying the wrong pellet smokers or not using them correctly. My one Pit Boss vertical smoker turns out some of the best smoked beef jerky with only an hour or two of smoke.

I had a UDS, an 18" WSM, a 26" Weber Kettle, a pellet grill/smoker and a Weber Genesis gas grill and outdoor area was full. When I bought a griddle, something had to go. For me it was easy, I recently sold my gas grill. I hated to get rid of it because the side burner made it so easy to light a charcoal chimney, but I hadn't used it for cooking in over 4 years.

Sounds like I got you mixed up with someone else...my apologies. There's just so many of Brethren buying that Workhorse these days. haha

No worries! I don’t remember ever not wanting a cowboy firebox, but these days I have trouble remembering where my sock drawer is.

Gotta go with the theory of when did you use it last (or how often do you use it). It's like sales. Low performers get cut.

If it's got cobwebs on it there's your answer.

You must be buying the wrong pellet smokers or not using them correctly. My one Pit Boss vertical smoker turns out some of the best smoked beef jerky with only an hour or two of smoke.

tried food off multiple diff types from friends and family, its not that they produce a bad product by any means, i just prefer offsets or charcoal with lots of wood chunks...they are just weak when it comes to smoke flavor

but i would def take one over a gas grill

I agree with the griddle suggestion. I use it more than any other cooker.

Don't get rid of anything before you have the Outlaw for a bit. You can plan and theorize, but you don't want to make the 'I don't need the PK' decision and then a month later realize you need it. Also, those are fairly small, so is there somewhere to tuck it away? Maybe just remove it from the cooking area?

I'd be leaning towards pitching the gasser, if you can do any sort of grilling on the pellet.

I agree with the griddle suggestion. I use it more than any other cooker.

My son has a griddle and makes amazing burgers on it among other things. I understand the appeal.

I think I’m beginning to understand the Brethren philosophy. When your wife tells you it’s time to cull the herd, it means you should go from three cookers to five.

Maybe just buy yer wife something ridiculously nice before yer next two purchases.

-D
i’m trying! In the last four months: new coffee maker, new refrigerator, new gas range, new kitchen cabinets, new built-in bookcases, new bush beds with automatic drip line.

Back