My wife and I had the talk: culling the herd

Been in your shoes. Can’t answer for you but can tell you what worked for me. On a piece of paper, write down each cooker. On that same piece of paper, list every type of protein, vegetable, etc., that you may cook outdoors. Place the name of the food next to the cooker you’re most likely to cook it on. The cooker with the least # of items next to it is the first to go.

Not a perfect method, but I have does this more than once and so far no regrets.

I think it’s a great method! We’ve been doing it already after a fashion. Not on paper, but in several conversations. Another factor, at least for this retired teacher who enjoys not just the food but the process, is which process I enjoy the most. (And this is a lot different from 20 years ago when there were kids and lesson plans, and a life filled to the brim with activity.)

I think it’s a great method! We’ve been doing it already after a fashion. Not on paper, but in several conversations. Another factor, at least for this retired teacher who enjoys not just the food but the process, is which process I enjoy the most. (And this is a lot different from 20 years ago when there were kids and lesson plans, and a life filled to the brim with activity.)

If you are truly at that stage where you have the time and LOVE the process… if in your shoes, I’d have a stick burner, 26 Weber kettle and a nice gasser. That more than covers the bases, IMO. To each their own :)

Back