THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

As promised, pics.

As I warned, not very good.

Caprese salad for two (It looked and tasted WAY more better than this pic shows!):

Cream of Smoked Acorn Squash Soup (Looks bland, but it was really good):

Bacon Wrapped Filet, Grilled Romaine, Baked Potato:

Joe and Sierra (Joe is on the left):

I really enjoyed doing this for them. Sierra even took home one of the menus I printed up. I think she liked it.

Thanks for looking y'all and all of your kind comments. I love this place!

Clark, you're one class act and I bet your boys will follow suit! Following in the Master's footsteps as best we can makes all the difference :-D. Great job on the cook too my friend!

What's a SoDT? :twitch:
Secretary of Domestic Tranquility.

Clark, you're one class act and I bet your boys will follow suit! Following in the Master's footsteps as best we can makes all the difference :grin:. Great job on the cook too my friend!
Thanks Chris! I'm just doing my best. We have a Great Teacher and Example. Our hope is that the young lady witnessed an example of service.

How did you make the soup?
I cut a pretty big Acorn squash in half, and cooked it indirect on a kettle until it was tender. I let it cool, scooped out the flesh and blended it with ~3/4 cup whipping cream, ~3/4 cup milk, a chicken bullion cube, 3-4 TSP of water, ~ 2 tsp of minced garlic, a pinch of chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Simmered it until it was hot and served it. I thought it was really tasty.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Does he have any much older sisters? Also that is a great menu bet he doesn't have any trouble getting dates after that dinner.

Back