My son has a date for Homecoming, and he asked me to cook

As promised, pics.

As I warned, not very good.

Caprese salad for two (It looked and tasted WAY more better than this pic shows!):

Cream of Smoked Acorn Squash Soup (Looks bland, but it was really good):

Bacon Wrapped Filet, Grilled Romaine, Baked Potato:

Joe and Sierra (Joe is on the left):

I really enjoyed doing this for them. Sierra even took home one of the menus I printed up. I think she liked it.

Thanks for looking y'all and all of your kind comments. I love this place!

Clark, you're one class act and I bet your boys will follow suit! Following in the Master's footsteps as best we can makes all the difference :-D. Great job on the cook too my friend!

What's a SoDT? :twitch:
Secretary of Domestic Tranquility.

Clark, you're one class act and I bet your boys will follow suit! Following in the Master's footsteps as best we can makes all the difference :grin:. Great job on the cook too my friend!
Thanks Chris! I'm just doing my best. We have a Great Teacher and Example. Our hope is that the young lady witnessed an example of service.

How did you make the soup?
I cut a pretty big Acorn squash in half, and cooked it indirect on a kettle until it was tender. I let it cool, scooped out the flesh and blended it with ~3/4 cup whipping cream, ~3/4 cup milk, a chicken bullion cube, 3-4 TSP of water, ~ 2 tsp of minced garlic, a pinch of chipotle powder, salt and pepper. Simmered it until it was hot and served it. I thought it was really tasty.

Thanks for all the kind words.

Does he have any much older sisters? Also that is a great menu bet he doesn't have any trouble getting dates after that dinner.

Back