My Shirley Fabrication Number is up!

TheRainman

Knows what a fatty is.
Name or Nickame
Jeff
I have a 24x42 Elevated Straight Back on a modified trailer now being built.

-Hip roofs on warmer and cooking chamber
-Drip bars on both doors
-Single door opening to the hitch
-1/2" firebox with 3/4" door and 3/4" floor
-Ash pan
-5" Glo Tel-Tru gauges
-extra shelf in warmer
-elevated charcoal grate in warmer
-stainless shelf and backsplash
-stainless folding shelf w towel rack
-custom wheels
-sealed/welded drip pan in warmer
-firewood box on trailer
-Shirley trailer dolly

Thats just about it. Pretty excited that the wait is almost over!

Last edited:
You were 7??!! Wow!! I dont know how old you are now, but Im guessing that 7 was quite a long time ago!!! :rofl:

It's been a while

hqdefault.jpg

Nice! I get told "about 10 months out" every 12 months I check in for an update ;P

That's going to be one serious firebox with the 3/4"!

Can't wait to see finish pics and cook pics!

Nice! I get told "about 10 months out" every 12 months I check in for an update ;P

Every Shirley Fabrication cooker that I have seen has been a thing of beauty. Those who own them rave at how stable they keep temperatures. So I'm thinking the wait is worth it.

Every Shirley Fabrication cooker that I have seen has been a thing of beauty. Those who own them rave at how stable they keep temperatures. So I'm thinking the wait is worth it.

Did you do a "sacrificial plate" where they add a removable steel plate to create a barrier between the fire and the roof of the firebox? It takes the brunt of the heat instead and can be replaced. Of all the upgrades to increase durability I have a feeling it's the cheapest and easiest to add.

I have a 24x42 Elevated Straight Back on a modified trailer now being built.

-Hip roofs on warmer and cooking chamber
-Drip bars on both doors
-Single door opening to the hitch
-1/2" firebox with 3/4" door and 3/4" floor
-Ash pan
-5" Glo Tel-Tru gauges
-extra shelf in warmer
-elevated charcoal grate in warmer
-stainless shelf and backsplash
-stainless folding shelf w towel rack
-custom wheels
-sealed/welded drip pan in warmer
-firewood box on trailer
-Shirley trailer dolly

Thats just about it. Pretty excited that the wait is almost over!

Congrats on the new cooker!

Does anyone have a pic of Shirley trailer Dolley?

Did you do a "sacrificial plate" where they add a removable steel plate to create a barrier between the fire and the roof of the firebox? It takes the brunt of the heat instead and can be replaced. Of all the upgrades to increase durability I have a feeling it's the cheapest and easiest to add.

I didnt. I'll give that some thought. Thanks so much

Congrats and welcome to the family. Just wait until you get her home. Made me go back and look at the emails with Paul back in the day, when I ordered mine. Back then in May 2014, the wait was a bone crushing 3 months. lol

Congratulations!!! I have heard that the wait is well worth it!!! A Shirley is on my wish list (only item on it!) Looking forward to seeing the pics when she is done!

Congrats and welcome to the family. Just wait until you get her home. Made me go back and look at the emails with Paul back in the day, when I ordered mine. Back then in May 2014, the wait was a bone crushing 3 months. lol

That is funny. A bone crushing 3 month wait.

Sounds like you've helped create quite the trend with the Shirleys...

They put the sacrificial plate in all the 24x36s now, only added about $50 to the price. Mine has it and absolutely no signs of burned paint on the top of the firebox. Might be a little more on the size box you may get, but worth it.

Out of curiosity, is your being built by Paul or Tyler? Will be great whoever is doing it for you.

They put the sacrificial plate in all the 24x36s now, only added about $50 to the price. Mine has it and absolutely no signs of burned paint on the top of the firebox. Might be a little more on the size box you may get, but worth it.

Out of curiosity, is your being built by Paul or Tyler? Will be great whoever is doing it for you.

Tyler is building it.

Is that sacrificial plate 3/8"?

Back