THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I think I've watched all your videos, I'll have to go check to make sure you haven't added any since the last time I looked. Thanks for those.

Really interested in your feedback using the Assassin 48 as a smoker. Running low and slow can you get reasonably consistent temps across the cooker? I like the size and versatility but don't want to have to constantly rotate things in the cooker.

I will try and do a test side to side and with the V-Pan going both ways this weekend and get you a temp reading .

I've got a large gasser, a small Weber Q gasser, and a 22 Weber kettle with rotisserie and SnS, but I'd really like to get into cooking with wood primarily for the outdoor experience and also the flavor. I'm leaning towards a Santa Maria style or adjustable grate type cooker. M1, Engelbrecht, AZ Scottsdale, or something like these. Being in FL and not seeing these in person is an issue. Also there are just few videos that I've found with people cooking on them. Of those available more time is spent on food preparation and going over the cooker's features than the hands on operation of the cookers.

BillATL, not sure what your budget it, but a cabinet seems right in your ball park from what you describe you'd like to cook.

Lone Star Grillz makes a great pair of cabinets and should not be "too" far from you that you could pick it up yourself. Save you the cost of shipping...

BillATL, not sure what your budget it, but a cabinet seems right in your ball park from what you describe you'd like to cook.

Lone Star Grillz makes a great pair of cabinets and should not be "too" far from you that you could pick it up yourself. Save you the cost of shipping...

Not "too" far? :shocked: I gues that would put Assassin, Stumps, Deep South Smokers, etc right in his back yard. LOL....

It's nice to have a choice. I don't know anything about those other brands, especially where they are located. Just sharing what I did know... :wink:

Back