THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Colorado0321

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
D
Currently living in AL, may be making the move back to CO soon depending on how an interview goes this coming weekend. Found an Assassin GF28 for sale locally and while I love cooking with wood, that's a very expensive fuel back in CO.

Anyway, wondering how the Q that comes off an Assassin gravity fed compares to an offset smoker. Also, I've a traditional patio sized offset that gets me some super crispy bark on a brisket fat cap when I foil boat, is that something I could duplicate on the Assassin?

Thanks all.

Spent years in Colorado only cooking on offsets. Not an issue at all to find wood.

Where abouts generally? I can't seem to find a cord of cooking wood in NoCo for less than $7-800.

We just moved from Windsor. I was using Colorado Tree & Firewood, extremely happy with their product.

Back