My New Stick Burner

Couple of questions:

How much longer is the cook chamber on the Pecos than the Wrangler?

Can the guy with the Wrangler and using tuning plates post pics of his setup beneath the cooking grate?? I need to see how big you had them cut and the placement to get even temps across the chamber.

Thanks in advance.

I think the idea that the entire cooking chamber must be even temp wise is over rated, I know where my hotter area is and when I flip I move things around, also if you have items that take longer due to their size I can leave them where its hotter. Sometimes I'm cooking poultry and want to have it at a higher cooking temp so place it where its hotter, etc.
I think your smoker looks great and I believe as already mentioned you'll quickly like stick burning once you try it.
Your pics made my dinner look pretty sub par, but when my wife cooks I never say anything negative. That's 33 years of experience talking.

I think I've read on several occasions and other forums I think that the "Wrangler" was like a 20"-24" cook chamber pipe. I never thought that was right and I measured mine today. It's 26.5 Wide and a hair over 19" deep (pipe size). Outside measurements.

Is the Pecos the same?? Just longer? (thinner metal obviously)

Back