My Hatch Chile roast (tutorial of sorts)

Mmmm, they came out awesome! Good tutorial!
10612939_10152479894652911_523513159696861865_n.jpg

There you go. Great job! If I didnt have as much as I did I wouldve done similar.

Thanks for the tip. My local Sprouts has them in right now (I grabbed a few pounds last night) and this weekend they're going to set up a roaster in their parking lot and sell them roasted. The produce guy said there is a large horizontal perforated drum (he described it like one of the items they use to spin lottery tickets in for a drawing) that roates over a propane burner. He says that he has heard (but this will be his first time doing it) that the chiles not only roast in the drum but the rotation and friction of the chiles on each other actually removes their skins as well.

May be worth a stop to see the process.

Here's a video I shot last year when I bought some.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzOgWZGxBOY"]Fire Roasted Green Chili's, and a short road trip - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks for the photo Spyre, but for future reference, you're supposed to show the label of the beer you're drinking.
It's a contractual obligation, of sorts. ;)

(just kidding. thanks for the pic)

Roasting chilies out in the heat called for mexican beer, so I was drinking a Pacifico. They came out awesome too. Here they got loaded up on some burgers a few hours after roasting.
10648315_10152480300427911_7572489362010362157_o.jpg

Oh dude, that's awesome!
Thanks for the pics. Those burgers look fantastic.
I just got finished eating dinner, and I'd eat one of those burgers right NOW!

Back