My Hatch Chile roast (tutorial of sorts)

Never thought of using a skewer :doh:. Would make these roasts much easier! Can't beat this time of year. Below is about 1/3 of my haul. Have a nice freezer full!
picture.php

You sure cant. Looks great.

I paid a $1.50 a pound at our local QFC, I was short on funds and time so I only bought 5 lbs, I roasted them on my OTG. They turned out great. I now understand the hype, they really are delicious!

I paid a $1.50 a pound at our local QFC, I was short on funds and time so I only bought 5 lbs, I roasted them on my OTG. They turned out great. I now understand the hype, they really are delicious!

Exactly! We have access to Anaheim chile here all year round which are very close to Hatch BUT the fragrance, the meatiness, flavor on Hatch is way superior.

Roasted

Check the Sprouts website for dates and locations of the roasting. My local Sprouts in Laguna Niguel had them for $18.99 a case and the roasting was free. After roasting, they put them in a plastic bag back in the case to continue steaming. My car still has the aroma inside today.

Vons had boneless Pork Shoulder for $2.49 so I picked one up and proceeded to make a big batch of Chile Verde. Those Hatch Chilies are so flavorful. I picked up a case of mild but some of them still pack a punch!

Check the Sprouts website for dates and locations of the roasting. My local Sprouts in Laguna Niguel had them for $18.99 a case and the roasting was free. After roasting, they put them in a plastic bag back in the case to continue steaming. My car still has the aroma inside today.

Vons had boneless Pork Shoulder for $2.49 so I picked one up and proceeded to make a big batch of Chile Verde. Those Hatch Chilies are so flavorful. I picked up a case of mild but some of them still pack a punch!

Glad you got in on it as well. The aroma is unbelievable for sure.

Great job on the peppers ssv!!
I still need to pick some up. It's wild grape season here and they're keepin' me too busy. :/

Thanks Bob,

They have different heat levels from mild to extra hot. I could only get my hands on medium.

So they are seperated by the heat level?

I need to look for some here on the FAR east.

Great job on the peppers ssv!!
I still need to pick some up. It's wild grape season here and they're keepin' me too busy. :/

Thanks Jeanie,

I gotta do your chile verde sauce with these.

Picked up a few lbs of them today (99c/lb). About to roast em up! Looks like you did it pretty hot way down on the coals.

Thanks for the photo Spyre, but for future reference, you're supposed to show the label of the beer you're drinking.
It's a contractual obligation, of sorts. ;)

(just kidding. thanks for the pic)

Back