THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Would be kind of neat to see a "then and now" of this baby.

I have been meaning to answer you for a while, better late than never.:rolleyes:

Uncle Cliffy cooking chicken.
The Green Sleves are for welding, but they work nicely for cooking on a Santa Maria pit. Trust me I have plenty of scars to prove it prior to using them. :cool:

Edit:The original floor tile was removed and the wood flooring was just painted gray. The tile kept coming up everytime we lit the smoker or Santa Maria.

Last edited:
ridiculous! That is the coolest thing I have ever seen.

Use for catering and comps! I feed her oak, hicory, pecan, cherry and apple. Just procured some almond and will give that a try!

Let us know how the Almond wood turns out Big Brother Smoke...Me and my folks saw this post and we all said hmm!!, never though of trying Almond Wood that should have a great smoke taste to it.... I like the exotic and differences in many types of wood smoke...I love Sassafra it's goooood!!! And again man that is an awesome Cooking Station you got there!!

Let us know how the Almond wood turns out Big Brother Smoke...Me and my folks saw this post and we all said hmm!!, never though of trying Almond Wood that should have a great smoke taste to it.... I like the exotic and differences in many types of wood smoke...I love Sassafra it's goooood!!! And again man that is an awesome Cooking Station you got there!!

I personally did not find the almond wood to have a taste on the meat or smell for that matter in the air. It does provide some nice heat, however.

Thanks for the compliments on the rig!

Back