THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Food looks fantastic as always. I lurk a lot. :thumb: What is the brand of charcoal that I seen in the PBC?

Thanks,

Robert

Thanks Robert! It's a newer lump charcoal brand that has surfaced here called Golden Desert BBQ charcoal. A mutual friend was starting a distribution business of the product so a few of us got in at cost to try it out. Very impressed with it so far as it's neatly stack and uniform in size. Burns stupid long even in an open pit and nearly no ash. Great product.

n50vZbah.jpg

aPA2EB4h.jpg

uRu1zEJh.jpg

Hdx3E60h.jpg

Lwqcczkh.jpg

Nice Sako. But who you trying to fool? I have to believe that you ate more than those three slices of steak that were on your plate. :mrgreen:

Nice Sako. But who you trying to fool? I have to believe that you ate more than those three slices of steak that were on your plate. :mrgreen:

Damn! Busted. :becky: Of course I did. More than I should have but it was so farking good I couldn't stop.

He shoots and he scores. That was a damn fine cook. I'm really interested in that charcoal. I'm going to try to get some via the interwebz.

Another awesome cook, Sako! Have you ever considered separating the cap and cooking the eye and cap separately? A full or partial cap would be a wonderful thing for a group, as would the eye...

Another awesome cook, Sako! Have you ever considered separating the cap and cooking the eye and cap separately? A full or partial cap would be a wonderful thing for a group, as would the eye...

Thanks Richard! I've done it before with my home dry aged ribeye sub primal. It truly was amazing. No wonder Costco has been doing it that way for a while now.

Wowowow! :shocked: That looks incredible! I snagged a few last minute ribeye at the Ralph's last night which were OK (my nearby Ralph's isn't one of the "good meat" ones) and wes feeling pretty good about 'em - but yours looks fanfarkingtastic! very nice!

Is that charcoal available around here?

Wowowow! :shocked: That looks incredible! I snagged a few last minute ribeye at the Ralph's last night which were OK (my nearby Ralph's isn't one of the "good meat" ones) and wes feeling pretty good about 'em - but yours looks fanfarkingtastic! very nice!

Is that charcoal available around here?

Thanks Greg! It's fairly new but it is available at certain mom and pop shops in the valley. Last I heard was people buying them from Haig's kabob house in North Hollywood. Usually stuff like this is available at the smaller outfits so it's worth a look around you.

Sako, strong work there! Definitely a Mother's Day feast!

Something tells me that was even better than I can imagine.:hail:

Thanks guys!

• Thanks
Reactions: gtr
Great looking meat, good beer, cooking for mom. That's what its all about.

I cant say anything else that hasn't already been said so sorry.

Back