Mixed feelings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this from another thread going as we speak...

This is the OP

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3775073&postcount=4

Yes there were issues with the smoker I got. I would not cross stumps off your list. They are bad a$$ cookers and I'm happy to say I own one. Thad is a man of his word and will do whatever it takes to make it right. Even offered to come to my house and pick it up himself. When I got it home and seen it for the first time I had some buyers remorse. Should have waited till Monday and talked to him first before posting about it. Things got way out of hand here fast. Don't let this one time thing change your mind. If I had to do it over again I would still buy a stumps. They will stand behind their product.

Last edited:
Read this from another thread going as well speak...

This is the OP

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3775073&postcount=4

That's all fine and dandy, but as you can see, the damage has already been done. Do you think that everybody who initially saw this thread before Stumps responded is going to know that OP was kind of full of BS? How many people posted in this thread talking about how "this is the end of Stumps" or "Stumps makes junk" or "Stumps doesn't care" etc?

That's all fine and dandy, but as you can see, the damage has already been done. Do you think that everybody who initially saw this thread before Stumps responded is going to know that OP was kind of full of BS? How many people posted in this thread talking about how "this is the end of Stumps" or "Stumps makes junk" or "Stumps doesn't care" etc?

You're Perfect!!! We get it....

The guy's human and reacted like most would have. He's trying to help fix it now and admitting his mistake in posting so soon.

Moving on...... !!

i do too but the store bought chocolate milk is too sweet for me. I prefer to mix my own with Hershey's syrup. If I have a hanker'n for stronger chocolate flavor on a given day, I am able to satisfy that desire by merely adding more system, so on and so forth.

Not good enough. Stumps should have sent a replacement, personally inspected by the owner himself, and arranged for pickup of the old smoker at the time of delivery.

No downtime for the customer. Owner assured quality. Hands on assessment of the faulty (and embrrasing) smoker.

Not good enough. Stumps should have sent a replacement, personally inspected by the owner himself, and arranged for pickup of the old smoker at the time of delivery.

No downtime for the customer. Owner assured quality. Hands on assessment of the faulty (and embrrasing) smoker.

I was about to post the same thing.

From another perspective is. If the things you can see looks like this.... What about the rest of the cooker where it may not be as noticeable? Things being square. Welds that should be seal welded to keep fired fibers from getting into the food or becoming airborne. Anyway, just some thoughts. Stumps Made it right.

Btw I like Breast Milk.

A few years back I got in the game for a high end smoker! Called em all and got the usual sales pitch and then finally spoke with a man named Paul Shirley! He convinced me within 30 secs that his pit was the one I wanted ! This was back when he had a 2 or 3 week wait time! I guarantee even today if Paul saw one of his pits show up that out of whack he'd be on my doorstep within a couple of days to fix it! Even if I said don't worry about it! It's why when I buy my next bigger smoker it will be a Shirley!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back