THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay. Have a nice life expecting everything to be perfect that's American mad. When do you pick up your hood from the dry cleaner?

Have you lost your d@€?ed mind?

So now I'm a Klan member?

I will refrain from any farther comments as I like hanging out here, but I would ask you to refrain from insinuating that I am a member of a a group that is ... Nevermind...

Just don't attack me personally in the future please...

Not finished reading this whole thread but I almost bought a Stumps, only reason I didn't and finally moved on with my research, was because they never called me back to answer questions and take my order.

Came down to Assassin and Lonestar Grillz. Ended up with LSG, but really like Assassin as well. Just wasn't sold on gravity fed vs. the LSG style.

Anyway. Very sorry you're unhappy with your purchase. That's a tough pill to swallow for that kind of money.

Thanks Mod.....

Anyway back the the Stumps....
Latches, wrapped grates, the Chimney not cut straight, and the castor put on sloppy. Basically spells out , in a hurry, mass production and little attention to QC.... The lack of concern of the CS person is a real issue. Especially spending around $5000. I know what others, and have heard what other Manufacturers have done in the past to resolve issues. And most, if not all, were taken care of over and above. But, this sounds like a total lack of respect for the consumer. And a business that maybe riding thier old shirt tails. I hope this is not true. But will be interesting to hear the other side before posting on all the other forums with this information.

Last edited:
I don't own a top of the line smoker, but that's besides the point. At the end of the day here's a customer that has spent thousands on a custom built piece of equipment, regardless of the dollar amount, the manufacturer needs to make the buying experience as satisfactory as possible. And if that means a new smoker, then by all means getting the customer a new smoker should be without hesitation. That's what makes a reputable and successful company stand alone from the rest. Good luck to you OP and I hope this works out for you and you enjoy your purchase.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sir

1425446287989.gif

on page 6,7,8

Okay. Have a nice life expecting everything to be perfect that's American mad. When do you pick up your hood from the dry cleaner?

Not cool. Not cool at all. And it's spelled "American made".

Cant be 100% sure where you're headed with that comment there hedge, but if its what it seems, i suggest you back awayyyyyy from the keyboard. :mmph:

I went back and forth with Thad (Stumps) today via email, he registered and is awaiting approval for membership here. I want to see this go well for everyone.

Agreed... folks, put away the torches and pitch forks..

Stumps registered and his ID was released tonight.. he should be chiming in soon, hopefully to rectify this in way that helps BillSharp34 get things straightened out.

Well I finally made the BBQ Brethren membership list tonight.

I was alerted to this post early this evening.

After answering an email from George on Sunday night and learning of his problems, I offered to have him return the Smoker for repair or replacement. I asked for photos in order to assess the situation and see if I could start the process of determining the necessary steps for resolution to this issue. I stated (since there seemed to be a dissatisfaction with him in the product) if he would like, he could return the Smoker and I would gladly refund his full purchase price.

He commented to me in his first reply since the problems seem to be cosmetic only he would rather keep the smoker than have to return it and or wait. He also stated that after cooking on it, there were no internal problems and it cooked quite well. I sent him an email this afternoon that said basically I had made the determination that I wanted to bring the smoker back to Stump's at our cost and repair or replace it and send it back out. I stayed this was how we normally handled any claims we ever had and we just thought it was good business and needed to be handled in order to know we did the correct thing and stood behind our claim of having great customer service.

I did speak with UPS Freight regarding the situation with the unit's delivery. George's story nor their story matches up, but I do know what I pay service for and I thoroughly instructed our District Sales Representative on how things have taken place over the last 15 years and that would not be circumvented ever again. If so, my business would be somewhere else where someone would appreciate the over 15,000 loads that have been hauled for Stump's Smokers.

After a brief negotiation and several emails back-and-forth he has decided this afternoon to keep the smoker in exchange for us helping him out with some accessories for it and things will be OK. This is definitely not the conclusion we wanted and I stated to him that in our last conversation today. I had much rather bring it back at my cost and fix it and take care of things properly rather than to let those issues just go on. He stated he would need the cooker over the next several months in order to for fill several jobs that he had as a part-time caterer and vendor as that was his second job and income. I told him I thoroughly understood and would go along with his decision.

This is definitely not how I would want wanted to handle it but it is what our customer wanted to do therefore I went along with his decision. Also just an FYI, the welder that I had that built this cooker lost his job today over his lack of quality control. Also the gentleman who did the trim out this unit on received a three day suspension for those latches being installed improperly on that cooker.
As always we take every instance of improper work very seriously I will not tolerate sloppy or careless workmanship of our products.

I certainly hope this put to bed anyone's uncertainty of our products and how/why we strive to maintain the quality of the product we build. Customer service and building great products is by far our number one goal at Stump's Smokers and I strive each and every day to let my employees know that any shoddy workmanship will not be tolerated!

Glad some action was taken and the customer is happy. You should have a chat with the person who spoke with the customer directly (I don't know if that was you or not). A simple "I'm sorry to hear you're not happy, but let me look things over and get back to you" and taking action like you did would have avoided this whole thread. Instead of posting about how disappointed he was after spending +$5k on a cooker with some cosmetic defects, the OP would probably be praising your good customer service, and stating how you made things right.

I wonder how many Brethren took it upon their self to email stump to let them know how disappointed they where about this. Either way hope the OP is satisfied now

Thinking there maybe a need for some changes in the QC end of things. For what these cost. And what it costs to ship them. Think it would pay to have someone look them over before painting and lastly before shipping. Extra $15-20 spent, could save a lot of time money and aggregation on both sides. I think the racks and exhaust issues would have upset me the most. Although the latches will or could prematurely wear out. Or come loose With the pull not being even. The QC person should bear as much or more of the responsibility here. They are the last line of defense against poor work and a happy or unhappy customer. Companies reputations depend on good QC.

10 pages and nobody suggested building a UDS? :becky:

Glad there was a resolution. I'm pretty fussy and my Yoder had zero defects as far as I could tell. I would have had a similar reaction to the OP with those kinds of issues.

Not too quick to praise Stumps here. If this thread didn't happen, no action would have been taken. And (I forget who posted this), those issues went beyond cosmetic, in my mind. Warped grates? Really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back