THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

robbq

is one Smokin' Farker
For the meat and potatoes throwdown, I made one of my favorite grill meals. This is my Mom's flank steak recipe. You know how every family has certain recipes they love? This is one of mine. For the potatoes, I did oven roasted potato wedges.

First, the marinade. It has ketchup, oil, onion, garlic, soy sauce, tabasco, salt and pepper.

IMG_2961.jpg

Whisked all together.

IMG_2963.jpg

Next the flank steak. I got a 2 lb CAB flank steak, and scored it on both sides.

IMG_2962.jpg

IMG_2964.jpg

Covered both sides of the meat, then into the fridge to marinate.

IMG_2966.jpg

For the potatoes, I cut yukon gold potatoes into wedges, and mixed them with olive oil, salt, pepper, paprika, oregano, and just a splash of soy sauce. Those went into the oven for an hour.

IMG_2971.jpg

Here is the steak going on the fire.

IMG_2973.jpg

Mom never did this, but I always take the leftover marinade and boil it to kill any bacteria. It makes a great sauce for the beef.

IMG_2978.jpg

Here is the steak, grilled and slice thin across the grain.

IMG_2979.jpg

I also made a multigrain sourdough bread, and zucchini with onions and tomatoes. Here is the bread.

IMG_2967.jpg

And here it is, finished.

IMG_2986.jpg

This is the kind of meal that makes you forget that it's getting cold outside!

Thanks for looking.

Marinades often make good sauces. If you cook the marinade sufficiently, the bacteria dies, and you can end up with a very fine sauce. Nice cook, robbq.

CD

Back