Lone Star Grillz Vertical Insulated Cabinet Smoker-For the new Owner

Usually, they email you when they are starting to build your pit. That usually takes a week to ten days if I remember correctly.

so all bs aside - nobody has any regrets with this apparent beast? I ask because I'm curious to know if there is anything yall wish it had or something it should have that LSG could install or fabricate before mine gets started.

i ordered the competition cart with rings. Other than that I asked if they could make a cover over intake/inlet like the one over the exhaust stack (i don't typically cook with water, but hell I might i dunno).

aside from the egg I've always cooked in cinder blocks on the ground so this will be a new venture for me.

Last edited:
so all bs aside - nobody has any regrets with this apparent beast? I ask because I'm curious to know if there is anything yall wish it had or something it should have that LSG could install or fabricate before mine gets started.

i ordered the competition cart with rings. Other than that I asked if they could make a cover over intake/inlet like the one over the exhaust stack (i don't typically cook with water, but hell I might i dunno).

I've always cooked in cinder blocks on the ground so this will be a new venture for me.

I would add an extra hook just in case ya ever want to winch it on a trailer. No regrets man your gonna love it! And I just put a wine cork in my water fill hole. Somebody else had a fence cap on here I believe... I been using a guru for longer cooks so I recently added an extra ball valve for initially fire up not necessary, but I don't have to unscrew the cap every time. "Thanks Thoey for helping me figure out Guru" You were really helpful followed what you sent me and it was spot on!!

Attachments

• IMG_6418.jpg
    IMG_6418.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 307
  • IMG_6419.jpg
    IMG_6419.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 309
Thanks for the credit Smokie, but I probably learned it from someone here like Cheez. To pass on what I shared:

Typically, when I am going to use the Guru, I will open both intakes and the exhaust wide open. I will go ahead and attach / turn on the Guru and get my desired temp set. Then I will get the flame thrower out and start the coals in the front left of my basket. Once those are started, I push the basket in and close up the door. I watch the temp and when I get about 25* from my target temperature, I completely close my second intake (the one not attached to the Guru). I also close the exhaust down to about 1/3. And finally, I close the baffle or what ever it is called on the Guru fan to 1/3. Usually when I get to temp, I reset the Guru. I have read that this helps with the Guru's algorithm.

Thanks for the info. I'll ask for the additional hook.

Both of y all use the additional ball valve too? I use a flame boss presently.

Just when I use the guru and only on start up to come to temp quicker. You can just take the cap off then screw it back on if you don't want the extra ball valve.

I will also say that following LSG instructions for just using the 1 ball valve and no guru is spot on as well holds temp on its own like a rock. I only use the guru cause I am paranoid overnight.

It's a beast, I can tell you pictures don't do it justice lol. So happy with it!

Another great thing is the support from this thread!

i can't wait. Been stocking my freezers in anticipation lol.

You're right - reading through this thread I can't seem to find anything negative other than mentioning the handle on one needed adjusting.

Back