• kettle

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • rotisserie

Votes: 18 27.7%
  • be daring and use what's there

Votes: 5 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is the second year I'm cooking the bird for the family dinner. I have had enough of my parents overcooking the bird (for the record they over cook everything) and besides mom gets too stressed over the hole thing where I actually enjoy it. Taking the bird out of the kitchen is a no brainer, it frees up the oven and makes the whole area less crowded. Since I'm the only one who will eat dark meat I'm just getting a breast.

The question I pose to the mobs is what should I cook on?

I've got a big easy
Weber 22 kettle
Weber rotisserie
Be daring and go for their janky duo gas/charcoal bbq

I was gonna use the roto last time but someone forgot the ring (opps) so I just rolled with the kettle and it turned out perfect.
I think you answered your own question.

Roto sounds like a great plan. :nerd: ........Unless you choose to come over to the dark side and Fry them. :spy: I always have 1 smoked and 2 fried for our gatherings.

I do the Weber rotisserie thing every year. With a few apple chunks added. Turns out great.
MrTurkeyDone.jpg

real ninjas cook 2 turkeys, duh. one on the roto and one in TBE. Turkeys are cheap this time of year, take advantage of it!

Well this ones to close to call. I packed the big easy because I was in a hurry. A BRETHREN who has a place up there did call me to let me know i could borrow one of his cookers if i wanted to smoke it. Gotta love this place

Back