THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

H

Heath

Hey all, what's everyone up to for the holiday?

I went to Sam's yesterday. Picked up a case af baby backs, a case of boneless leg of lamb, and a 50# bag of rice. No the rice isn't all for the holiday, just bringing it up for Brian.

Also got another free load of Maple, now have a little over a cord of Maple for next spring. Now to split and stack it. Almost talked the ol' lady into lettin me get a hydraulic splitter at Sam's. She's got something against splitters and chippers, don't know why.

What am I doing for the Holiday? Denial!! Denial that its Labor Day and the summers officially over. DEnial, It aint happening, just aint. Nope, not this weekend... nope, nope. Maybe in a month or 2, but not this weekend. Damn, weathers been so shitty, tomatoes are just starting to ripen.

well. we don't normally do holidays here, but as it's the only time we have to get away, we're travelling up north to see his parents--the guilty parties, in other words--and taking the smoker with us. Dunno what we're going to cook yet as the other offspring are supplying the meat, but I assume lots of chicken and ribs.

I may be back here yowling for advice in a few days!

Maid Marinade, nee Stilton Sal, or just

Melis

Heath said:
Hey all, what's everyone up to for the holiday?.

Well its party time here in Wis--gonna cook a couple cs's of ribs, a few small briskets and a couple of whole sirloin tip roasts. Probably have to do a few lbs of chicken parts(mojo cirillo style) and a 1/2 bushel of stuffed jalapenos(wifes job)

see ya

Buzz

As usual I haven't firmed up anything for the weekend. Probably deep fry those Cornish Game hens I didn't get to this past weekend. I do have small brisket in the freezer and there area always ribs from Sam's/WalMart :D Also have a whole pork loin in the freezer -- man, I gotta get with it and make a PLAN!! :D

I may even smoke the mullet I was talking about yesterday!

Made creme brulee last night (Momma gave me the ramikens and torch for B'day) and it turned out great so desert for Labor Day won't be a problem. Either that or homemade ice cream and of course watermelon -- shoot, here I go again -- gotta make a PLAN.

Q is going strong!!!

Hey Phil- ready for that 20 hour day! Thanks! Great site!!!

Neighbors already staking claims on the meat....

2 Boston Butts

3 Racks Ribs

4 Chickens

Thanks Phil! Great site!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I got the Cornish Game Hens thawing -- two for the ECB and two for the deep fryer. Got some Jalapeno/Cheese sausages for lunch/breakfast/snacks. Picked up plenty of cider vinegar, apples juice, cherry juice, etc. so I'm ready for just about any congingency.

Also made up smoked fish spread for appetizers. Used the mullet I smoke the other night with some softened cream cheese, a little Crystal hot sauce, salt, pepper, and it's currently medling the flavors in the fridge.

I got thaqt 14.5 dino turd soaking in Dr. Pepper marinade right now. I already took some digitals of the first few steps and hope to complete the whole sequence on digital up to slicing tomorrow night, for posting to the list. Even added some SV charbroil and cajun to the mix. 4 racks of spares sitting in cryovac waiting to be trimmed and rubbed in the morning. Gotta run to the store for Coronas and japs for a few dozen turds.

Back