THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

olewarthog

Full Fledged Farker
Decided to smoke some wings & baked beans for the Clash of the Tigers on the Plains of Auburn. Fired up the Assassin 17 with Kingsford Professional and peach wood from Baxter's Original of Fitzgerald, GA

I love this Assassin gravity feed smoker. The 17 is the perfect size for a backyard cook like me. It has 3 racks & each rack can hold a full size pan. With the included Pitmaster IQ 120, it locks in at your set temp & holds steady.

Marinated the wings in half/half mix of Moore's Marinade & Italian dressing. Dusted the wings with Victory Lane All Purpose then a few shots of squeeze Parkay. I have never done butter batch chicken before, but these were the best wings I have ever cooked. Tender, juicy & flavorful with bite thru skin.

Smoke the wings at 275 for 1 hour in the butter bath. Then for another hour on the rack. Dunked in homemade spicy BBQ sauce & let them go another 15 mins to set the sauce.

Also did a pan of baked beans with my version of Dutch's Wicked Good Beans recipe. Also smoked them for 2 hours at 275

Last edited:
Back