THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Cooked some food for friends with a new baby at home, and because I had to be busy doing other things today, the Primo + Flame Boss combo got to pull duty. I used Oakridge BBQ Beef and Pork rub on one butt and their Secret Weapon rub on the other. B&B lump, hickory and cherry chips, temp set at 260*. Each were a shade under 8lbs after I did my trim job and took 9 hours to probe tender. I did not wrap and they developed and kept a nice mahogany color all the way til the end.

Attachments

The color is outstanding! Great job, that's hard to pull off without wrapping man you really nailed those.

Thanks! Im a firm believer in wood CHIPS for kamados as opposed to chunks due to the low airflow inherent to their design. I believe that to make a difference in the color by minimizing smoldering. Combined with a good lump charcoal, of course. I've recently taken a liking to the B&B charcoal that has been plentiful locally.

Last edited:
Beautiful! Color on them is ridiculous. :thumb: I've got a request to cook a few butts for an event later this month. Been a while since I've cooked some.

Back