Just a lil brisket

sudsandswine

Quintessential Chatty Farker
I bought this ~9lb pre-trimmed choice packer brisket from Costco when the pulled the prime brisket availability in stores near me. It spent awhile wet aging in the fridge, probably a little longer than I intended due to schedule issues. I decided to put it on the Primo XL overnight on Friday - we ended up getting some pretty heavy storms but the Flame Boss kept temp where it needed to be, and neither it or my Meater seemed to have been impacted.

Jealous Devil lump charcoal with a mix of hickory and cherry wood chips for smoke - seasoned with EAT Barbecue Most Powerful Stuff. I ran the grill at 250*, put the meat on around 9PM and wrapped in foil around 7AM. I finally pulled it from the Primo around 11 AM and let it rest, still wrapped in foil and covered by a towel in the microwave until 3PM. It turned out great, one of the best briskets I’ve made, surprisingly.

How it started:

Post trim:

Excuse the square puncture mark from the Meater:

I haven’t been able to cook much lately, let alone something like a brisket that requires a large amount of time, and have really missed it. Looking forward to things settling down and getting a stick burner again so I can get back to it. Thanks for lookin’ :thumb:

Perfection! Those little one can be a beesh to cook but you nailed it. :clap2:

Hopefully things settle for you soon so we can see more awesome cooks. :grin:

Back