I'll Never Wrap Pork Belly Again

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
For the first time, I didn't wrap my pork belly and it came out fantastic. I smoked at 250, fat side down, until it probed tender. It came out tender and juicy as usual, but the bark was really, really good and the cap had a delicate crispy texture that added a whole 'nother dimension. I never got that with a wrap. I only held it in foil for about 20 minutes, before serving.

1myrEU3.jpg

Nicely done! No wrap is my preferred method for almost all meats these days. Just not a fan of what steam does to the bark and flavor. Which smoker did you use for these beauties?

I'm the same way, I tried a recipe once and did not care for the taste and it called for wrapping, so when I did it again I did not wrap and preferred that much more. Your cook looks killer!

Nicely done! No wrap is my preferred method for almost all meats these days. Just not a fan of what steam does to the bark and flavor. Which smoker did you use for these beauties?

I used a MasterBuilt Gravity Fed with Fireboard controller. It's my go-to and produces great smoke. I just wish it had better build quality.

I've been meaning to try smoking a pork belly. Yours looks great!Did you smoke it whole or in the ~2" strips like in the finish photo?

Most of the recipes Im seeing cook it, then cube, then sear the cubes on all sides, toss with some version of sweet sauce and then serve immediately.

I used a MasterBuilt Gravity Fed with Fireboard controller. It's my go-to and produces great smoke. I just wish it had better build quality.

If they were better build quality they wouldn't be affordable lol. It's kinda the whole point of them. I had my 560 almost 5 years stock cept for some switches and two full grates i got when i got it. things been bullet proof

Last edited:
Back