THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooker for an RV

Mr SanJoseDale,

Here is another vote for the Green Mountain Davy Crockett grill for your RV. This little grill will pretty much do it all.

DSC02338.jpg

This is a brisket cook over a pan of Rick Salmon's Pit Beans at the campground.

DSC02335.jpg

This is my setup that I sometimes use at campgrounds. I am running the cooker off of a small jumpstarter.

The little cooker will do a nice job with about anything you want to cook including searing steaks and chops very well.

I have 20 articles on my blog using this cooker for about everything you can think of and you can find them under my table of contents under Davy Crockett Pellet Grill. Check it out and if you have any questions, fire them this way and I will try to answer.

http://olddavespo-farm.blogspot.com/

Dave

Last edited:
Weber 18" jumbo joe.

Thanks to all for the great input, I have looked into each one. While I was fairly convinced the little pellet smoker was going to be my choice, many inputs about the Jumbo Joe have changed my mind. Seems I can do everything I need with it and since I already own an 18 1/2 in. WSM, all the same accessories fit.

What really convinced me is that the pellet is just too damn easy! What the heck am I gonna do all day if I can't be tending to the BBQ? LOL

Thanks to all for the great input, I have looked into each one. While I was fairly convinced the little pellet smoker was going to be my choice, many inputs about the Jumbo Joe have changed my mind. Seems I can do everything I need with it and since I already own an 18 1/2 in. WSM, all the same accessories fit.

What really convinced me is that the pellet is just too damn easy! What the heck am I gonna do all day if I can't be tending to the BBQ? LOL
I take my pellet grill with me (in my sig below) camping. What do I do while the ribs are smoking? I like to hit the water with a beer or 6, sunglasses are a must. :icon_cool

Back