THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How about "sammie" instead of sandwich?

Gimme a break...

Agreed!

I heard another one the other night while watching pizza oven comparisons…

“Hey welcome to the channel everyone! Today we’re goin to cook some “za” to compare these ovens and see how they do!”

Za? ZA?? Really, your so freaking lazy that you can’t say PIZZA?

If I ever hear “Today lets make a brisky za sammie” I’ll do a back flip :biggrin1:

Agreed!

“Hey welcome to the channel everyone! Today we’re goin to cook some “za” to compare these ovens and see how they do!”

If I ever hear “Today lets make a brisky za sammie” I’ll do a back flip :biggrin1:

Got 'za from TMNT (Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles for y'all that aren't into that whole brevity thing)

Attachments

• tmnt za.jpg
    tmnt za.jpg
    134.4 KB · Views: 200
I remember Jim. He posted here and there, years ago. He seemed like a very nice person. :thumb:

I fall into this category. :laugh:(quoted a Brethren, but won't use his name without asking first) lol
First, you can use the minion method with anything. It's just a technique and doesn't depend on a product. Heck it's what I've been using since I was a kid. Somewhere along the line it got a name that became popularized, but it was just how we were taught to build fires.

I also believe Jim's explanation when asked about it.

https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showpost.php?p=116631&postcount=13

jminion
is one Smokin' Farker

Send a message via Yahoo to jminion
I stumbled on a fireup method a few years ago and it has made the trip interesting. I teach BBQ for the Western BBQ Assoc so I'm always looking for new techniques that I can pass on.
Hopefully I can add something.
Cheers!
Jim
WSM
Primos
Klose
couple of Ranch kettles

Jim was/is a nice fella imo. The method isn't new. :grin:

I think what gets me riled up is the ultra high end equipment and super-premium meats. I know it’s marketing but come on! “ we will start with a wagyu brisket at about $200 and then throw that beauty on our $4600 smoker “. To me bbq comes from taking cheap cuts and making something delicious on equipment that a working person can afford. I smile thinking of gatherings where a ham, pork shoulder, or turkey was smoked on a Weber kettle with homemade baked beans and potato salad as sides. The “showing off” is taking these humble items and getting smiles and “mmmms” from those you care about. That is the bbq I know and love.

I think what gets me riled up is the ultra high end equipment and super-premium meats. I know it’s marketing but come on! “ we will start with a wagyu brisket at about $200 and then throw that beauty on our $4600 smoker “. To me bbq comes from taking cheap cuts and making something delicious on equipment that a working person can afford. I smile thinking of gatherings where a ham, pork shoulder, or turkey was smoked on a Weber kettle with homemade baked beans and potato salad as sides. The “showing off” is taking these humble items and getting smiles and “mmmms” from those you care about. That is the bbq I know and love.

I guess it depends on where you’re coming from. My brothers in law in east Texas, one who ran a little welding shop, and the other who raised a few head of cattle on a field behind his mobile home, thought store-bought cookers of any kind, and store-bought beef, were uptown extravagances.

Agreed!

Along these lines I can't stand it when barbecue is referred to as "Q" I know that opinion won't be that popular and I can't explain why it rubs me the wrong way. It just does.

Yea it gets old when someone takes wagyu meat and starts talking about how much more “moist” it is than other grades. Of course it is has more “moisture”, it more intramuscular fat to render.

Back