First “Cambro”. Foil pan question.

Shadowdog500

is One Chatty Farker
I just ordered a Pearington 81 Quart End-Loading Insulated Food Pan Carrier (shown below) and was wondering if there is a convenient way to use foil half pans in it. I plan to put multiple pans of fried pepper and onions and possibly a few pans of grilled sausages during an 85 person bbq in a few days. The “cambro” won’t be moved, I’m mostly using it to hold the peppers and onions for a couple hours so I can focus on other things closer to serving time.

I doubt that a loaded foil pan could support itself (but I could be wrong). If not, would double or triple foil half pans successfully work?

Thanks.

This photo was lifted from the web.
IMG-4568.png

Last edited:
We are just getting started with our event equipment so I’m no expert at all.

Here is what our chafer pans say:

4” deep water pan, 2 1/2” deep food pan,

Accommodates full, 1/2, and 1/3 size food pans for versatile use at your buffet or event

How you like that cambro?

Mod Note:

I noticed that you posted the same thread in the catering section. Posting the same thing in more thann one section if referred to as crossposting and is against our rules. That thread had no replies so I deleted it.

Mod Note:

I noticed that you posted the same thread in the catering section. Posting the same thing in more thann one section if referred to as crossposting and is against our rules. That thread had no replies so I deleted it.

Thanks for deleting it! I had an update at the beginning of that post indicating that it was put in the that section by accident, and that the moderators can delete it. I thought that section was on catering, then realized that it was on food safety.

We are just getting started with our event equipment so I’m no expert at all.

Here is what our chafer pans say:

4” deep water pan, 2 1/2” deep food pan,

Accommodates full, 1/2, and 1/3 size food pans for versatile use at your buffet or event

How you like that cambro?

It won’t arrive until tomorrow, hopefully I like it.

This one will hold four deep water pans, and five 2-1/2 full size food pans.

Maybe put your foil pans in stainless chafer pan that way you want have a collapse while in transport if you want to move it around sometime

Just a thought

Yep! get some hotel pans and us those to support the foil pans.

That is a great idea but I checked and they won’t arrive in time. I pulled the trigger on this purchase at about 2:30 AM this morning and literally bought the only “Cambro” with good reviews that will arrive in time. I thought about it this when I woke up this morning and I’ll test it when it arrives tomorrow with double pans. If that don’t work I may cut some slide in shelves from a sheet of underlayment leftover from a bathroom remodel. Eventually I’ll probably pick up metal pans.

You have a Restaurant Depot or something near you?

Just go pick up the hotel pan versus waiting on delivery.

Could you put a jelly roll baking sheet in there and create a shelf?

You have a Restaurant Depot or something near you?

Just go pick up the hotel pan versus waiting on delivery.

Could you put a jelly roll baking sheet in there and create a shelf?

Nearest good one is over an hour away. It would cost about $75 for ten 2-1/2“ deep half pans. So I may take a drive to get some. The local small resturant supply store is overpriced.

I’ll also check out my wife’s baking pans.

It will look like this in the cambro with half pans

We can’t decide on cambro or catergator…. Got an event on hollows eve

:thumb:

Last edited:
Thanks for deleting it! I had an update at the beginning of that post indicating that it was put in the that section by accident, and that the moderators can delete it. I thought that section was on catering, then realized that it was on food safety.

The odds of one of us seeing a note like that are slim :-D I just happened to notice the duplicate thread titles and deleted the one with no replies.

If you need help from a moderator report the post. We get notified of reported posts.

Last edited:
Looking at your cambro….

You might be able to fit 5-6 chafer pans so say 10-12 half foil pans

Not bad man!

Heard a secret trip to pour hot water in the cambro to pre heat….

much like you would a cooler with ice

Looking at your cambro….

You might be able to fit 5-6 chafer pans so say 10-12 half foil pans

Not bad man!

Heard a secret trip to pour hot water in the cambro to pre heat….

much like you would a cooler with ice

It’s $189 with free prime shipping at Amazon.
It should fit four 4” deep full size water pans and Five 2-1/2” full size food pans or ten 2-1/2” half pans.
It gets good reviews and I hope I like it. I’ll find out tomorrow!

Thanks for the tip on the hot water!

I’m gonna check it out man.

Thanks!

We got these pretty cheep as a set of 6. Think she ordered 2 sets with more pans.

Last edited:
Back