First “Cambro”. Foil pan question.

I dug through my old bbq stuff and found a steam tray that I bought years ago along with two full size 2-1/2” pans and four half size 2-1/2” pans. I think I’m set for using this to hold the foil pans in the cambro. I bought this stuff years ago but never really used it because it takes up a lot more room and doesn’t nest as well as the wire frames and disposable pans.

IMG-4877.jpg

Here are the pans in my new cambro. The hinges come loose with the door seal inside the box. It took about 20 minutes to install the seal and adjust the door.

IMG-4882.jpg

IMG-4881.jpg

Last edited:
The Oktoberfest was today and this Camro worked perfectly! There were 85-90 people.

I put a 4”deep foil bottom pan half full with boiling water and covered with aluminum foil in the bottom position about a half hour before it was needed and kept it in there for the duration of the bbq. The pepper and onions were only in it for a little over an hour, but came out piping hot. I also used it to hold trays of sausage as they came off the grill. This thing worked great by letting me move a busy part of the cook earlier in the schedule. The 2-1/2” deep hotel pans worked great as drawers for the foil pans and I plan to get more. I’m thinking about getting the perforated ones. I believe this is a great addition to my bbq equipment and wish I pulled the trigger earlier. I also got more than a few questions about it during the BBQ.

The cardboard wind guards I made also worked out great!

Last edited:
I have a buddy who owns and runs a bbq restaurant and does a lot of catering. He has this same Cambro and he only uses foil pans in his and it works fine. He doesn't do foil over the top of his foil pans he uses the lids that come with foil pans.

Back