How To Lite a Charcoal Chimney (video)

Ill video it again for y'all - just wait till I fire up the stick burner again - the lighter fluid Nazis will chit bricks!!! :shock:

I'm now thinking you are just taking the Piss..

That means stirring us all up.

You are deliberately tyring to get us all riled up and ready to burn your house down with the same fluid ligher and a weed burner for good measure.

Alrighty then always wanted to use lighter fluid in there once or matchlight because they "caution" against it, but it didn't explode or shoot 20 foot flames so its not that cool... I use either the side burner on the gasser but IMO the fastest way is paper towels doused in cooking oil.. The cooking oil paper towels throw a bigger flame than newspaper or the gasser and lasts until the charcoal is almost done.

I'd like to thank the OP for a good laugh this morning. It's obvious he's trying to get a rise out of people.

But because I'm bored, I will interject my $1.97...

I don't use lighter fluid because the weber cube and starter are flat out cheaper and easier to use. And I've gone even further and now just use the cubes as back up and primarily use paper towels and EVOO. Both are cheap and readily available.

Again, thanks for the laugh

As I saw in an earlier post, I also light the coal in my chimney using a weber cube as well...sit a cube on your brick, grate in your kettle, etc...light it, sit your chimney over it, and within 15 minutes or so, you have a chimney full of glowing hot coal.

I use this method if I'm out of starter cubes. Instead of using newspaper I just coat some charcoal at the bottom. Then fill the chimney with the rest of the charcoal. Lights quicker than using just lighter fluid and you don't get the mess of the charred newspaper

Yup used Lighter Fluid again today to lite charcoal for my UDS Brisket cook. Charcoal Chimney is not a way to light charcoal for me - it's a place to light charcoal . It is a handy way to transport lit charcoals. :grin:

[ame]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YhlXLG5eCXo[/ame]

Last edited:
I'd like to thank the OP for a good laugh this morning. It's obvious he's trying to get a rise out of people.

But because I'm bored, I will interject my $1.97...

I don't use lighter fluid because the weber cube and starter are flat out cheaper and easier to use. And I've gone even further and now just use the cubes as back up and primarily use paper towels and EVOO. Both are cheap and readily available.

Again, thanks for the laugh

I used to use newspaper under my chimney, but my neighbors are REALLY close, and red-hot embers would blow over the fence. So, I switched to Weber starter cubes, and never looked back.

CD

I fire up the chimney on the side burner of my gasser. Never had any sparks problems.
I hate the smell of lighter fluid.

I'm up in the glorious NH North Country and smelled that crap the other day. Stepped outside and saw a 2-ft high flame shooting out of a OTS at a cabin 50 ft. away.

Pyro I guess. :rolleyes:

Back