Why You Don’t Want A Smoke Ring

Itsdone

is Blowin Smoke!
Name or Nickame
bob
In this video, Wade Bradley talks about the harmfulness of smoke rings and why you shouldn't want them on your smoked meat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-fkhJJOFsk

There you go guys, lets stop worrying about how much sodium is in rubs, and start worrying about smoke rings and how to prevent them. I think im going to get rid of all my charcoal and wood smokers and going back to electric with a sawdust maze tray.

Last edited:
A friend gave me a Bradley some years back (it just needed a new door seal). It does produce very high quality thin blue smoke. The pucks get pushed into a water bowl after the good smoke is extracted (and are dry before). It is a nice well made smoker. I've smoked briskets, ribs and butts in it.

It is in the shed and I should 'move it along', since I don't use it.

Yo Smitty, I agree with most of the information presented by the web site. I will say that that is the first time I have ever seen an internal temperature for beef listed as 170F. I have been told for years that the temperature is 140F. Not saying that higher temperature for beef is wrong, just saying this is the first time I have seen this temperature listed so high.

The older I get the less I care about "precision" and more about taste, and I think that helps. That being said, presentation IS a thing, and I bust out a tiger woods fist pump if I nail that during a cook.

The older I get the less I care about "precision" and more about taste, and I think that helps. That being said, presentation IS a thing, and I bust out a tiger woods fist pump if I nail that during a cook.

When I get accused of being a chef, I deny it because I care almost nothing about presentation.

Back